Contribute
Register

Optiplex 9020 USFF "Your computer was restarted because of a problem"

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the drivers\UEFI, I only have these 3 files, or I still missing some files?
The drivers64UEFI was manually created to try out, will remove this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-24 at 9.30.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-24 at 9.30.19 PM.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 61
Here's what driversUEFI should look like when using HFSPlus.efi instead of VboxHFS.

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Ah okay, the rest of the efi files, how do I get it? I don't see it in the downloads except for HFSPlus.efi.

Ah okay, the rest of the efi files, how do I get it? I don't see it in the downloads except for HFSPlus.efi.
When you run Unibeast 10.0.0 and create the Catalina installer USB they're all in the driversUEFI folder. That's why the mini guide has you copy/paste the whole EFI from the UB drive to your SSDs EFI partition.

Even my usb only has these 3 files, let me try again and get back.

Recreate a flash drive and files now appeared as what you have shown me in drivers\UEFI. Reinstall the Catalina, still same issue. So weird.

Sometimes when you format a drive APFS and partition it GUID for a previous macOS install you need to first wipe the drive as FAT32/MBR to completely clear out everything from a previous install. Then partition it GUID and format APFS again to start fresh with a new Catalina install. You might try doing that and then a clean install. I would also reset CMOS and then configure BIOS again as directed for a new Catalina install.

My only other advice would be to follow the complete Mojave guide and then see if the problem keeps occuring. That would tell you whether it's only an issue that is Catalina related.

Hi trs96, after 1 week+ of trying various EFI settings, I finally solved it. As I'm using a daisy chain setup, I need to enable DP 1.2 on my monitor which I didn't know can cause KP.

I decided to reset one of the monitor settings to factory default which I wasn't expecting to solve the problem anyway. To my surprise the shutdown completes successfully. I was puzzled and realised the only special settings I set on my monitor was the DP 1.2. I decided to disable on my 2nd monitor, Sleep/Wake, Shutdown and Restart is working without kernel panic.

Thanks for all the help given.

after 1 week+ of trying various EFI settings, I finally solved it. As I'm using a daisy chain setup, I need to enable DP 1.2 on my monitor which I didn't know can cause KP.
Great to hear you've solved the puzzle and it's now working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back