Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF BIOS A08
CPU
i7-3770 3.4ghz
Graphics
intel 4HD4000
Totally new to this, but thanks to your well written guides, I was able to fumble my way to a successful install of Sierra on my Dell Optiplex 9010 i7 3770 with built-in Intel graphics.

I noticed after one of my reboots, that neither my USB mouse and Keyboard were working. They were both plugged into USB2 ports. I moved them from the USB2 ports on the rear to the USB2 ports on the front and they worked for the next 3 subsequent boots.

The 4th time however, they didnt' work again. Odd to me that this behavior isn't consistent. I'd rather not have to play move the USB and reboot until they decide to work.

I read other threads where people using different MOBOs just had to wait and then the ports eventually started working. I'm not seeing that...if dead at login screen, they stay dead.

I only saw this behavior after using multibeast. Unibeast was USB happy every time during my dozens of boots while I was fumbling along. Keyboard and mouse always worked in BIOS too.

Hoping someone will teach me to fish here. I'm certain it's a simple tweak or deletion of a file, just not sure what/where/how.

And a huge thank you to the developers of these incredible tools, this website, and all of you that share your knowledge/experience. My 27" mid-2011 iMac video just died and $200 for a used Apple OEM video card with 512mb seemed a bit of a waste, so wanted to give this a try.

Last edited:
Did you ever figure anything out? I finished up an installation on my 9010 (HD4000) graphics with unibeast and multibeast and it was looking fairly good but only the 2.0 usb's were working. I tried one of the many fixes here and after rebooting had no USB at all. So here goes another reinstall....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back