CPU
2x Xeon X5460
Graphics
8800 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Hi guys.
Im new to this so need a little help. As I have a Dell Optiplex 755 sff with C2D 3.16 GHz ,4 gig ram and 40 gig hdd. I have gotten ML to run and running fairly smoothly I used the Uni-beast method. My issue being that I cant get past a problem with my graphics card which is the on-board Intel GMA 3100 with the Q35 chipset. I have found a few Drivers/kext`s but none seem to give much better than 1024x768 I have one kext that gives 1280x1024 both with no options for a different res like I said im a noob so really thankful for any help.
Or any info to point me in the right direction

Hi guys.
Im new to this so need a little help. As I have a Dell Optiplex 755 sff with C2D 3.16 GHz ,4 gig ram and 40 gig hdd. I have gotten ML to run and running fairly smoothly I used the Uni-beast method. My issue being that I cant get past a problem with my graphics card which is the on-board Intel GMA 3100 with the Q35 chipset. I have found a few Drivers/kext`s but none seem to give much better than 1024x768 I have one kext that gives 1280x1024 both with no options for a different res like I said im a noob so really thankful for any help.
Or any info to point me in the right direction

Intel GMA graphics are not supported in full resolution on Mountain Lion; you need to add a separate supported graphics card.

ok cool what about lion then or would i have to go back further??
And could you maybe point me in the right direction as to a list of what cards are supported by mountain lion.

And thank you for the reply

ok cool what about lion then or would i have to go back further??
And could you maybe point me in the right direction as to a list of what cards are supported by mountain lion.

And thank you for the reply

Intel GMA 3100 has never been officially supported by Apple; GMA 950 was at one point (a long time ago) because Apple used it in some Macs (reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#Mac_OS_X).

How much do you want to spend? Mountain Lion supports a very wide range of current (and older) NVidia and AMD cards. I don't think a definitive list exists here on the forums, but I found a list elsewhere:

NVidia

• Geforce 7000 series
  • Geforce 8000 series
  • Geforce 9000 series
  • Geforce 200 series
  • Geforce 400 series
  • Geforce 500 series
  • Geforce 600 series

AMD

• Radeon HD 4000 series
  • Radeon HD 5000 series
  • Radeon HD 6000 series (not including 6900 series)
  • Radeon HD 7000 series

A lot of these work OOB, other require some extra configuration. Once you've picked a card, come back here and do a search to find out how easy or difficult the configuration is.

that brilliant thanks im looking and an EVGA GeForce GT 610 2GB for €45 as i have a small form factor machine so gonna have a look and see how easy it will work with mountain lion
Thanks for the advice

that brilliant thanks im looking and an EVGA GeForce GT 610 2GB for €45 as i have a small form factor machine so gonna have a look and see how easy it will work with mountain lion
Thanks for the advice

The Geforce GT 610 (as well as all the 600 series) requires only one configuration change to work with Mountain Lion. You just have to add "GraphicsEnabler=No" to the boot flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back