Contribute
Register

Optiplex 7050 SFF - High Sierra installation guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you say "Drag and replace your efi folder with the attached folder." do you mean replace the EFI directory on the EFI partition, or the EFI-Backups directory on the install partition?

Ah, don't worry, worked it out.

The content of the efi folder should have my content, but, you should stil have a efi folder on the partion..

Hey your guide really is great, I'm all up and running. One last question before I leave you in peace.

I'm running a single 4k monitor, but the highest res available to me in displays is 2560x1440. Have you had any experience getting the Intel 630 graphic working fully?

Hey your guide really is great, I'm all up and running. One last question before I leave you in peace.

I'm running a single 4k monitor, but the highest res available to me in displays is 2560x1440. Have you had any experience getting the Intel 630 graphic working fully?

Nahh, think thats what I have as well:/, but I don`t have the same great monitor as you have:), check under display setting if you can change from best suited to scaled..
If you get the intel card to work better please! Let me know!
I was thinkng about getting a gt 710 to fix the shutdown issue with two screens, but I don’t know if that will work or if that’s a better suite for maxing resolution, or.. if you can have two cards installed, you should, but I haven’t tried it myself.:)

good news!
when I use two dp point,then it can shutdown well.you can have a try, and it is cheap to change.

good news!
when I use two dp point,then it can shutdown well.you can have a try, and it is cheap to change.

Thanks but tried it before, couldn`t shutdown :/, did you use my exact config.plist/efi folder or did you change anything? If so, do you mind uploading your efi folder?
Can you boot with two displayscreens attached?

Last edited:
Thanks but tried it before, couldn`t shutdown :/, did you use my exact config.plist/efi folder or did you change anything? If so, do you mind uploading your efi folder?
Can you boot with two displayscreens attached?
When I boot, only one display work, but when restart, it works well, or reinsert the dp port, it works well too.
I changed the efi, but I think it don't matter.

When I boot, only one display work, but when restart, it works well, or reinsert the dp port, it works well too.
I changed the efi, but I think it don't matter.

Ok!
Yeah, have the same issue, would like to be able to boot with both DP ports attached:), can boot with one HDMi and one DP, but then I can’t shutdown:(.

Ok!
Yeah, have the same issue, would like to be able to boot with both DP ports attached:), can boot with one HDMi and one DP, but then I can’t shutdown:(.
Now I use two dp port, it's better than before. also I have problem with boot,the problem is only one display work, but I select restart, then after reboot, two display works well.

Now, I can shutdown well. also have some issue, the display don't shutdown naturally; when I boot with -v, some error happens, seemed with the power manager, and I don't know how to fix it。

I upload the efi floder. You can have a try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
good news,sleep as well, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back