Contribute
Register

Optiplex 7050 SFF - High Sierra installation guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just so I understand, you can't even boot up High Sierra?
the efi works for me. I mean when I select shutdown in MacOS, first two desplay off,then computer shutdown, but then it restart.So the result to me, I can't shutdown in MacOs, only got restart.
I'm Chinese, my English is pool, sorry~

the efi works for me. I mean when I select shutdown in MacOS, first two desplay off,then computer shutdown, but then it restart.So the result to me, I can't shutdown in MacOs, only got restart.
I'm Chinese, my English is pool, sorry~

Hi,
okej, but then you have the same problem as me, please see my original guide, I can't either shutdown my computer.
You could try to install a GT710 graphic card, use one of the ports on the card and one on the built in one, but I don't know if this will work or not.. or if the card will work properly, buy on your own risk :)
The problem is that when you have both displays attached the shutdown won't work, if you only have one screen attached you'll be able to shutdown.

another question, why audio works for you, but not works for me?
I must use VoodooHDA,and AppleAlc, CodeCommander don't work for me.

Hmm.. audio was a pain to get to work, try the VoodoHDA, if that won't work see if I have som kext you don't have..
I have booth AppleALC and VoodoHDA under /library/extension, that's not probably right, but, it works for me.. so will not try to change it..
Try install this as well:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Try one thing at a time and make sure you make copys of your working system!

I deleted the AppleAlc and CodeCommander in you efi and adds VoodooHDA.Then audio works well for me.
I think you can delete AppleALC in both efi and /l/e,then audio works well too~

I deleted the AppleAlc and CodeCommander in you efi and adds VoodooHDA.Then audio works well for me.
I think you can delete AppleALC in both efi and /l/e,then audio works well too~

GREAT :)!

Hey, thanks a lot for this guide. I'm very new to this and have a few questions.

Download and install clover for High Sierra on your usb
What do you mean install clover? I can only find MultiBeast as an option, and this is what the main install guide advises.

Make sure you select your boot option for your bois, ex. uefi and select Driver64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 in clover.
I can't see any BIOS related boot options. Is this under boot options or options?

After installation install clover to your new OSX drive (se above settings)
I can't see any settings that you're talking about.

Hi,

Clover is a separate program, not to be confused with Multibeast.

1) Format the usb according to my guide.
2) Install High Sierra on the usb according to my guide with terminal in OSX.
3) Install Clover on the usb disk to create a EFI partion and followed the rest of the guide, to install clover on the usb download:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Try this a you probably will see what I mean :) with the rest.
If not, get back and I'll try to help.

OK, thanks mate. I've found the Clover installer pkg so hopefully things will work now :thumbup:

Where you say "Drag and replace your efi folder with the attached folder." do you mean replace the EFI directory on the EFI partition, or the EFI-Backups directory on the install partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back