Contribute
Register

Optiplex 7010 - Mountain Lion (UniBeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:?: Secondary question. When using the UNIBEAST installer. Does it look at, or use anything in the current environment when it builds the USB?

Reason I ask - When I reloaded SL last night, I did nothing at all to it other than install the COMBO UPDATE 10.6.8, and reboot. I installed nothing else, did nothing from the MULTIBEAST at all.

I simply downloaded the UNIBEAST again, copied ML INSTALLER from the NAS and ran it.

Grizz

Last night - I reloaded SNOW LEOPARD - to which I never have a problem using the IVYBRIDGE BOOT CD and the SL 10.6.3 installation DVD.

I even find it funny, that when it boots for the first time after installing. I am getting sound from the SPEAKER on the system board (granted it is very low volume - as there is music playing while I am going through setup). :)

I installed the COMBO 10.6.8 install and then used MULTIBEAST to install the INTEL KEXT and the others that prevent the CMOS clock from resetting to GMT time. and rebooted again - still using the IVYBRIDGE BOOT CD to get back into the OS.

After doing this. I have rebuilt a brand new ML, EC and will do HS tonight with UNIBEAST.

I am copying the MultiBeast onto the USB after I build them. I saw in one of the other forums to format ML USB as MFT instead of GUID but use the EXTENDED JOURNALED (here steps 6-10 : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-lion-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.60584/ ) So I am doing this for all of the new UNIBEAST USBs (unless someone thinks this is a bad idea).

The reason I am making 3 of them (may be a Mojave one too) - is eventually I want a multiboot system with ML, EC, HS and maybe Mojave (if this is even possible). In my role at work - I am constantly being asked to help support an APPLE issue, when we have an entire team for that - I would really like to be more familiar with OSX and not send someone to another team.

Grizz

I simply do not understand what is happening. I cannot build another HIGH SIERRA UNIBEAST until I can get the MOUNTAIN LION installation to work.

I built a brand new ML UNIBEAST USB after reloading SNOW LEOPARD...and upgraded to 10.6.8.

The .APP file was freshly downloaded from APPLE STORE for ML.

It builds the USB fine on a brand new KINGSTON 16GB USB drive.

Reboot and the Optiplex 7010 is still in FULL LEGACY mode as SL does not support UEFI (and my research finds that neither does ML). The system boots fine for the install portion using the -v option.

Once the HDD is erased, 1 partition 250GB (GUID HPFS+) it installs just fine.

System reboots itself back to the UNIBEAST install screen - and it shows USB and HDD. I choose the freshly installed ML from the HDD - with the same -v option. It begins booting, and goes through a TON of screens and EVERY SINGLE TIME it will stop at an error with BLUETOOTH TRANSPORT. This machine has nothing installed other than the default components of the 7010 with an i5 2475S CPU and 8GB RAM. The monitor is a 23in SAMSUNG montior connected with DP to HDMI Cable (and I get full screen graphics). I cannot even get to the completion SETUP OSX screens.

If I boot with -v -x -f options. It will get to the desktop, but everything does not seem to work -- NAMELY the APPLE STORE - so that I can re-download HIGH SIERRA.

WHY does it keep stopping with a BLUETOOTH TRANSPORT error, when there is no BLUETOOTH installed.

I find it extremely odd that the SL install with the IVY BRIDGE boot CD boots just fine, and I even have AUDIO from the onboard speak in the 7010. I have not installed a single kext and everything seems to be working - HARDWARE-WISE (network, sound (onboard speaker), graphics (locked in at 1024x768), Dell KB and MOU). I upgrade to the 10.6.8 and sound goes bye bye, and APPLE STORE still does not work (nor does SAFARI - even after running SOFTWARE UPDATES).

Can any explain why the ML installation will boot (when it has before on a previous load) using the UNIBEAST USB and choosing HDD? What gives with the BLUETOOTH TRANSPORT error?

Grizz

If I boot with -v -x -f options. It will get to the desktop, but everything does not seem to work
Maybe try leaving out the -x and see if you can still get to the desktop. Then your ethernet will be working.

Grizz, one more piece of advice. When you do get HS downloaded, zip up a copy of it and save it to a backup drive or a flash drive so that if you ever need to recreate the installer you've already got it available.

Grizz, one more piece of advice. When you do get HS downloaded, zip up a copy of it and save it to a backup drive or a flash drive so that if you ever need to recreate the installer you've already got it available.

trs96 and P1LGRIM,

Thanks for your continued support.

I was able to be ML to work far enough along to build a new EC UEFI and LEGACY USB.

I could not get the UEFI to install - but the LEGACY did. I got El Capitan installed, and was able to re-download the HIGH SIERRA Installer.app file (BTW, I had already backed it up to my NAS after I made it into a .ZIP file on the MAC.

Not sure what happened to it...but I took an old 120GB Notebook drive and with a USB connector formatted it as GUID / MPFS+ and copied all of my installer.app files there. I have the LION I purchased, ML, EC, HS and Mojave.

I now have a booting (from HDD) HS installation as per the guide posted by trs96 - and will move back over there for the last few things I am trying to figure out.

Many thanks again.....Grizz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back