Contribute
Register

Optiplex 7010 - Mountain Lion (UniBeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
trs96,

I have a DP >> HDMI cable to the SAMSUNG 23" LED monitor. It is the same setup as what I had for the High Sierra loaded.

Grizz
Try adding the boot flags -f and -x to your verbose booting and see if that helps.

I do not know the difference. It has a cartoon red apple at the top of the screen.
You're too lazy to look at the download page to check ?

It is Chimera.
Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No.

You're too lazy to look at the download page to check ?

It is Chimera.
Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No.

P1LGRIM,

Sorry. I am not too lazy. I am not at the machine at the moment. I am in the office and it is at home.

I could have seen it as well, if I had booted from the USB and watched on boot up.

I did not mean to upset you at all - I do appreciate the assistance. I am just really confused as to why, seeing that I have done a SNOW LEOPARD install, then a LION and MOUNTAIN LION and an EL CAPITAN and then HIGH SIERRA install on this machine - all in order to get the HIGH SIERRA working properly. YES -- I killed the install, it was all my fault. I just find it really wierd that I cannot go through the same steps I did the last time to get these installed.

I have extensive notes and the guides printed out, so I am not skipping anything.

Grizz

trs96,

Do you think - I would benefit --- until I can get a NEW UNIBEAST HIGH SIERRA created - that I change to the VGA port and connect the monitor that way?
Grizz
Sometimes VGA works for the install sometimes it doesn't. You could give it a try to find out.

There are some differences (from High Sierra) in BIOS setup that you'll need.

In BIOS > Settings > General > Boot Sequence make sure everything else but the USB and Install hard drive is unchecked.

In the same section under > Advanced Boot Options check the box for "Enable Legacy Option Roms"

There are some differences (from High Sierra) in BIOS setup that you'll need.

In BIOS > Settings > General > Boot Sequence make sure everything else but the USB and Install hard drive is unchecked.

In the same section under > Advanced Boot Options check the box for "Enable Legacy Option Roms"

These settings are done - remember that from the SL installation. :)

I will give your and P1LGRIM's suggestions a try when I get home.

THANK YOU AGAIN -- :clap:

Try adding the boot flags -f and -x to your verbose booting and see if that helps.

OK....

Adding -v -x -f to the BOOT OPTIONS - did indeed take me to the ML INSTALLED (HDD) desktop and let me complete the SETUP questions (locale, keyboard, etc). BUT, I could not get the system to see the attached USB (to the fron USB 2.0 port) where the MULTIBEAST is located...and SAFARI would not connect to here. I know I need to do updates.

Adding -v -f to the BOOT OPTIONS - it booted again to the same text filled screens (20+ of them - I lost count) and stopped at the same BLUETOOTH error message. Went no further, and it sat there 20+ mins before I turned off with HARD POWER OFF using button.

I could try the GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No options if you think it might help - but I did get FULL VIDEO when I had the -v -f -x (and desktop showed I was in SAFE MODE).

I re-confirmed the BIOS settings of ENABLE LEGACY OPTION ROMS = Checked and for BOOT OPTIONS - only USB drive and HDD are enabled and USB is first.

I also DISABLED USB 3.0 in the BIOS - so those ports are not even seen on reboot.

Grizz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back