Contribute
Register

Optiplex 7010 - Mountain Lion (UniBeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL Optiplex 7010
CPU
i5-3475S/Q77
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Last night I tried again the EC and HS Unibeast USBs that I have. Still booting to the screen full of text and stopping at the lines about BLUETOOTH.

SO.....I decided to start all over from scratch.

1. Install SnowLeopard with the IVYBRIDGE Boot CD. Rebooted using the CD instead of installing Chameleon or Clover.
  2. Upgraded to 10.6.8 with the downloaded COMBO Update (rebooted).
  3. Downloaded the UNIBEAST MountainLion file again.
  4. Copied the MountainLion Install.app file from the NAS (where I saved it).
  5. Build a new (brand new USB 16GB drive) for ML.
  6. Booted from it, and installed. No issues on the install. Following the ML Install Guide and HDD was ERASED.
  7. When booting again from UNIBEAST and choosing the ML_HDD drive. It begins booting and stops with the same lines about BlueTooth or I get about 30 lines (never goes to another screen) and it sits there for 5-7 mins and then font goes all crazy looking (looks like alien) and the WHITE "NO" circle appears.
I was going to completely rebuild my EC and HS Unibeast USB drives on brand new USBs. (I bought a 5 pack of 16GB Kingston drives) -- but, I cannot even get ML to boot up once installed.

I simply do not understand what is going on. The DELL Diags ran over an hour and found nothing wrong - nothing with HDD or RAM or CPU, and I am erasing the HDD each time.

Any Clues?

Grizz

After step 6 you can run Multibeast for Mt. Lion and also select iMac 13,2 as a system definition. Also make sure you are booting legacy when using the Chimera bootloader, not UEFI. HD4000 igfx are supported in Mt. Lion so if you are connected via DP output there should be no graphics problems.

The Unibeast was created using the LEGACY option (not the laptop option).

The 7010 is in pure Legacy mode in the BIOS (UEFI is abled). Boot mode is CD >> USB >> HDD.

All other settings are the same as all the posting for BIOS Setup.

The UNIBEAST lets me install ML - but when rebooting from the UNIBEAST and choose the HDD from the UNIBEAST boot option screen (and I always use -v option). It boots and I get about 30-40 screens of text - then it stops at this screen (attached).

Grizz

Attachments

• Missing Bluetooth Controller.jpg
    Missing Bluetooth Controller.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 90
It begins booting and stops with the same lines about BlueTooth
Bluetooth is a red herring, it's what comes next that is the problem and that is graphics.

the WHITE "NO" circle appears.
That is what Apple refer to as the Prohibitory Symbol and indicates a USB problem.

When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.

Booted from it, and installed. No issues on the install. Following the ML Install Guide
Once you have ML installed run Multibeast for Mt. Lion and change your system def from MP 3,1 to iMac 13,2.
Also select the Intel Ethernet kext.

Bluetooth is a red herring, it's what comes next that is the problem and that is graphics.

That is what Apple refer to as the Prohibitory Symbol and indicates a USB problem.

When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.

P1LGRIM,

Thank You. I just do not understand what would have changed. This is a BRAND NEW USB (Kingston 16GB Drive) - and I have also used a SANDISK 32GB drive. Same results.

I always us the USB 2.0 ports on the back of the Optiplex 7010 (there are 4 together 2 2.0 and 2 3.0). I have also tried the 2.0 on the front of the machine. Does not matter.

The UNIBEAST app had no problem at all building the flash drive.

There is no setting in the BIOS of the Optiplex 7010 for XHCI handoff. I have followed the steps in the [Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II for setting up the BIOS.

I had this all working under High Sierra - but something crashed the system and it would not boot after I attempted to upgrade the CLOVER with the CLOVER CONFIGURATOR tool. (Live and Learn).

The installation of the ML went smoothly from the newly built ML Unibeast drive. It is when I reboot, leaving the UNIBEAST in - and try and load from the HDD (to begin the remainder of the setup) that it refuses to boot. I either get the WHITE "NO" CIRCLE or the BLUETOOTH HANG.

I have ever since trs96 mentioned it - ALWAYS boot with the -v option.

Grizz

Once you have ML installed run Multibeast for Mt. Lion and change your system def from MP 3,1 to iMac 13,2.
Also select the Intel Ethernet kext.

I cannot get that far. ML installs then reboots the machine. I stops at the UNIBEAST screen and I have the USB or the HDD to boot from.

I choose HDD, and add the -v option. That is where I either get the WHITE "NO" Circle or it stops at the BLUETOOTH line.

I have let it sit like that for an hour...and it never goes further.

Grizz

How are you adapting DP to your monitor ? Is it DP to HDMI or DP to VGA ?

The one which is in the MOUNTAIN LION UNIBEAST - which was freshly downloaded yesterday.

Grizz
So, Are you using the Chimera or Clover boot loader ?
You should know which you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back