Contribute
Register

Options for Laptops with CNVi WiFi Cards (MSI GS65, MSI P65 Creator (8RF))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8470P
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Graphics
AMD Radeon 7570M (1600 x900)
Howdy!
I'm researching my next project laptop and I've become aware of a new-is hurdle: The CNVi wifi slots/modules that come in many new laptops. Apparently, CNVi wifi connectors aren't necessarily backwards compatible with non-CNVi cards, especially on laptops where BIOS options are often limited.

What's the current best practice for dealing with laptops with CNVi wifi? Are there any MacOs compatible Broadcom cards that can be swapped into these laptops?

Howdy!
I'm researching my next project laptop and I've become aware of a new-is hurdle: The CNVi wifi slots/modules that come in many new laptops. Apparently, CNVi wifi connectors aren't necessarily backwards compatible with non-CNVi cards, especially on laptops where BIOS options are often limited.

What's the current best practice for dealing with laptops with CNVi wifi? Are there any MacOs compatible Broadcom cards that can be swapped into these laptops?
it works BCM4352 Also Bios on GS has full unlock many users don't know that you can configure it any way you like
Basically everything works audio and brightness included none of the video ports work cause they are Nvidia..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.07.45.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.07.45.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 421
  • Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.08.12.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.08.12.png
    463 KB · Views: 360
  • Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.08.44.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.08.44.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.08.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.08.58.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 332
it works BCM4352 Also Bios on GS has full unlock many users don't know that you can configure it any way you like
Basically everything works audio and brightness included none of the video ports work cause they are Nvidia..
Excellent, thanks! I'll give it a try!

Does this mean you cannot attach external monitors? Is there a workaround?
maybe use High Sierra and install web driver may work

maybe use High Sierra and install web driver may work
it will work if you force NVIDIA from bios same way you can force Intel only this laptop has Open bios holing right shift control alt and F2 when you are in bios will show all options and in system magment are GPU options i would say read a lot before making changes to the open bios it may kill your laptop since there even voltage and vram settings working GTX1070 on HS at your own risk ! only and you wont get signal from internal display because this is Optimus Laptop

it will work if you force NVIDIA from bios same way you can force Intel only this laptop has Open bios holing right shift control alt and F2 when you are in bios will show all options and in system magment are GPU options i would say read a lot before making changes to the open bios it may kill your laptop since there even voltage and vram settings working GTX1070 on HS at your own risk ! only and you wont get signal from internal display because this is Optimus Laptop
i think you quoted the wrong person :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back