Intel Core i5-6500
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Windforce OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am looking into building a CustoMac for an upcoming business venture.

I would like a rig that has plenty capability to run weighty graphic design software (Serif DrawPlus, Adobe Illustrator), as well as some hefty film editing suites (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro etc.).

Ideally, I would like to have 2 separate hard drives (HDD or SSD) one that boots Windows and the other Mac, and use said software on a 4K monitor if possible.

Despite my sounding ignorant, I am confident in my knowledge of the components for assembly of the device however, I don't where to start for the actual purchase of the parts, so many of them tend to be gaming focused and this is not my primary interest/use for this build.

My other pitfall lies in all of the compatibility knowledge that comes with a Hackintosh, I'm finding it confusing so far.

Obviously, I would be looking to compress the cost as much as possible, but I don't want to make too much compromise on performance.

I would hugely appreciate any help/advice anyone could give me!

Many Thanks,

gors6607

The best bet would be to look at some of the Golden Build, Users Builds, and Sierra Desktop Guides. You will see how well others have gotten their hackintoshes to run and which components they used. I feel mimicking others' success is the easiest way to get started.

After plenty browsing and research, I've opted for the attached build. Any thoughts?

Could somebody also please explain where I should connect an anti-static wristband to? I don't want to fry anything when building...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 11.26.09.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 11.26.09.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 233
After plenty browsing and research, I've opted for the attached build. Any thoughts?

Could somebody also please explain where I should connect an anti-static wristband to? I don't want to fry anything when building...
Pretty sure you just attach it to some metal in your case.

Be careful with this configuration. There is (currently) no mac drivers for the GTX 1050 graphic card ;)

Be careful with this configuration. There is (currently) no mac drivers for the GTX 1050 graphic card ;)

Oh damn. I've already ordered the parts but I can just run Windows for a while.

Do these drivers regularly come out or is it unlikely they'll release one soon?

Is there any way to bypass a lack of driver for MacOS?

Also, my understanding is that AMD GPU's have Open CL which FCPX relies on for rendering; NVidia GPU's do not have Open CL (AFAIK). You would be better off returning the Nvidia and ordering an AMD card of similar spec, and itll probably save you a penny or three in the process.

Oh damn. I've already ordered the parts but I can just run Windows for a while.

Do these drivers regularly come out or is it unlikely they'll release one soon?

Is there any way to bypass a lack of driver for MacOS?

At this point, my guess is that drivers for the 1000-series Nvidia cards seem very unlikely.

Also, my understanding is that AMD GPU's have Open CL which FCPX relies on for rendering; NVidia GPU's do not have Open CL (AFAIK). You would be better off returning the Nvidia and ordering an AMD card of similar spec, and itll probably save you a penny or three in the process.

Nvidia cards do support OpenCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back