Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I had several questions, first off I will state that I am new to both this site and hackintoshs in general. I am looking to retire my "old iMac" from 2007 (Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB). I am looking to build a computer capable of both high-end video editing with Final Cut Pro 9 and 10, as well as gaming (Diablo 3, WoW mostly) on the highest possible graphics, and has hardware which can be updated in future years if need be. My budget is give or take $1400-$1700 (only that high if it is REALLY necessary). I want a good system that will be able to accomplish these tasks, but at the same time I don't want to fork out money that I don't unnecessarily need to fork out. I am also aware that certain hardware pieces may not work or work well with custom built macs. I have done some research but still have very little knowledge about what hardware pieces would work best for me, all I know for sure is that I would like to run Lion, have a graphics card and processor capable of running nicely with the above mentioned programs. Would anyone mind giving me a push in the right direction?

Moved to the correct forum section. (Forum index)

User Builds -> Buying Advice (Forum sections)
|
|
|
\/​
User Builds == Confirmed User Hardware Builds and Methods

----------> Forum Rules <----------​

Please use the Golden Builds, User Builds section gathering more information. Or choose one which fit your needs best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back