Contribute
Register

Optimized Realtek Lion 10.7.4 AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the great wok Toleda!

I have a weird issue. I was using your Interim Ivy HDA 898 Kext, and the DSDT patch from that post, and it works great :). I did a fresh install and selected the patched 898 kext from Multibeast (supposed to be the same, right? and the DSDT edit looks the same too?) and it doesn't work. I re-installed the Interim Ivy kext using Kextbeast and audio now works again. I've also tried the Multibeast kext without a DSDT and it doesn't work no matter what enabler I use.

Why does your Interim Ivy kext work and not the one from Multibeast?

toleda said:
shilohh said:
Why does your Interim Ivy kext work and not the one from Multibeast?
With the patched 898 AppleHDA.kext installled, Attach a Copy of IOReg.
I have 2 different SSDs, each with functioning 10.7.3 instals. 1 without DSDT, and 1 with. The drive with DSDT is my main system, and the one without, is for testing if the system functions better without a DSDT. It does not.

I have attached IORegs for both with non-functioning 898 audio from multibeast, and an IOReg of the DSDT system with functioning 898 audio from your "Interim Ivy Kext".

THANKS!!

shilohh said:
I have attached IORegs for both with non-functioning 898 audio from multibeast, and an IOReg of the DSDT system with functioning 898 audio from your "Interim Ivy Kext".
No attachments. Put them in a folder and Finder/Compress. Attach the zip file.

toleda said:
No attachments. Put them in a folder and Finder/Compress. Attach the zip file.
Sorry. Had them all zipped and ready to go. Just forgot to attach them. I edited my last post and attached them there.

shilohh said:
Sorry. Had them all zipped and ready to go. Just forgot to attach them. I edited my last post and attached them there.
The 898 patched AppleHDA.kext does not appear to have been loaded properly. Try a reboot. If that doesn't work, reinstall the patched AppleHDA.kext with MultiBeast.

Hi there, I have posted this thread in several sections hopefully this one is the one!!

I finished my build like 2 days ago with these components: GA H61N USB3, i3 sandy bridge, seagate barracuda 500gb etc..

I applied dsdt.aml audio id 389 with exactly recommended multibeast settings in the customac mini official thread. I am lately in Bios F8.

System is running great except I have some graphics artifacts and some big audio POPS like every time I don,t use like for 2 minutes....

This is very annoying and I really ran out of ideas here, so if this issue rings a bell to someone I would appreciate some help..

Thanks

toleda said:
The 898 patched AppleHDA.kext does not appear to have been loaded properly. Try a reboot. If that doesn't work, reinstall the patched AppleHDA.kext with MultiBeast.
I have rebooted, rebuilt caches using kext utility, rebooted using UseKernelCache=No, Rebuilt caches using Onyx, and I have made several attempts at reinstalling it using multibeast (always checking the utilities option). No matter what I do, it doesn't load. If I simply re-install your interim ivybridge 898 kext using kextbeast and reboot, on board audio is back and functioning properly. Also, the first time I tried to use the Multibeast 4.6.1 Kext, It was on a fresh install with no prior kexts or multibeast, and it didn't work. This has lead me to believe that there is something different or wrong about the multibeast kext, as the DSDT edits you outline, are the same for both of them. I notice in IORegs that the "pin configuration data" shows no info on the mustibeast kext: <>, and your interim shows: <f0 11 11 41 10 40 11 01 20 10 01 01 30 60 01 01 40 90 a1 90 60 90 81 02 50 30 81 01 70 40 21 02 f0 11 11 41 29 e6 07 40 90 61 4b 01>. Is it possible that some edits in the multibeast kext are missing? I am very happy using your wonderful interim kext, and I am very grateful for it, but I wanted to bring to your attention, that the multibeast 898 version is not working, at least for me.

shilohh said:
This has lead me to believe that there is something different or wrong about the multibeast kext, as the DSDT edits you outline, are the same for both of them. I notice in IORegs that the "pin configuration data" shows no info on the mustibeast kext: <>, and your interim shows: <f0 11 11 41 10 40 11 01 20 10 01 01 30 60 01 01 40 90 a1 90 60 90 81 02 50 30 81 01 70 40 21 02 f0 11 11 41 29 e6 07 40 90 61 4b 01>. Is it possible that some edits in the multibeast kext are missing?
The dsdt edits are specific to the codec. Both AppleHDA.kexts need and use the same layout-id. The reason the pinconfigs don't show up in the Patched version is the kext is not loading. It looks like you are on 10.7.3 and the patched kext is 10.7.4. Consider updating to 10.7.4. The reason there is not a 10.7.3 898 AppleHDA.kext is the audio outputs did not make sound.

toleda said:
The dsdt edits are specific to the codec. Both AppleHDA.kexts need and use the same layout-id. The reason the pinconfigs don't show up in the Patched version is the kext is not loading. It looks like you are on 10.7.3 and the patched kext is 10.7.4. Consider updating to 10.7.4. The reason there is not a 10.7.3 898 AppleHDA.kext is the audio outputs did not make sound.
Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks for looking into it. In multibeast it even says "Replaces the current AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with a patched 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kex". Will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back