Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
sagerian said:
timoboontjuh said:
i tried multiple times, the problem is: asus doesn't support a bios downgrade, i read articles how to do it, but it just refuses to downgrade. any ideas?

Yes, I know how to do a downgrade, I did one already and I see another one coming sooner than later. Asus does not support a downgrade from the currently installed EFI, so the method i used is this:
- boot from a linux live cd (I used mint)
- install flashrom command line utility
- burn the older version EFI down
- burn the older version EFI down, again (burn twice, that is)
- shut down computer
- reset the CMOS memory (taking out the battery or jumper)
- install/use MAC OS X without all the problems I have now :)-D)

sorry, im not that good with IT. i'll try to do the things you said, but i need the rom from asus and flash it twice via mint live CD?

timoboontjuh said:
sorry, im not that good with IT. i'll try to do the things you said, but i need the rom from asus and flash it twice via mint live CD?
Yes, flash it twice via the linux mint live CD.
You'll manage just fine.
For the old/new bioses, here's the link to the motherboard from your signature:http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_PRO_REV_31/#download
You should always keep in mind that this is a somewhat risky procedure, even riskier without an UPS for your PC. If there's a power outage right in the middle of the writing procedure... **** hits the fan.

For toleda and onnie:
toleda said:
Lets see if the enabler is the problem.
I tried the 3 experiments, without the enabler, with the DSDT from hdef_added.zip.
Attached IORegistryExplorer files in toleda_hdef_added.zip.
toleda said:
In addition, onnie posted a third dsdt which is worth a try.
onnie said:
last try and I leave you alone
I tried the 3 experiments, with the enabler, with the DSDT from bad_clocking_in_HDAR_removed.zip.
Attached IORegistryExplorer files in onnie_bad_clocking_in_HDAR_removed.zip.

I still do not have any input/output sound devices.
If AppleHDA.kext available in MultiBeast 4.6.0 does not solve my problem, I'm reverting to the old and good 2001 BIOS.
I will delete from /S/L/E any of the following 3 folders I can find, to start with a clean slate for 4.6.0: ALC8xxHDA.kext, HDAEnabler892.kext, AppleHDA.kext. Also i'll delete the DSDT.aml in /Extra.
What drivers should I check in the new Multibeast?

UPDATE: Multibeast 4.6.1 already!

Attachments

• toleda_hdef_added.zip
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 79
  • onnie_bad_clocking_in_HDAR_removed.zip
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 72
sagerian, could you please explain me how to install flachrom command lin utility??
thanks

edit: installed, but how do i use it? :O i tried multiple commands and it just says im typing the wrong parameters :(

edit 2: nuff said, its fixed, i got back to 2103 succesfull :D

sagerian said:
Multibeast 4.6.1
AppleHDA.kext is not loading properly. Your graphics is not working either. I don't have any other ideas. Looks like installing the previous BIOS is the only solution.

toleda said:
sagerian said:
Multibeast 4.6.1
AppleHDA.kext is not loading properly. Your graphics is not working either. I don't have any other ideas. Looks like installing the previous BIOS is the only solution.
At last, that's sad news. Anyway thanks to toleda and sagerian's hard work.

Reverting BIOS 3K to 2K might cause problems according to Apprentice's post
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=58848
apprentice said:
If you follow the steps in the link above to flash your BIOS from v3207 to v2303
by using the AMI tool, you will not be able to adjust DRAM and CPU speed on
your K version of CPU (e.g., my i5-2500K)!!!
Sagerian, don't you have such problems with your method? And does 'flashrom' command line util mean below?
http://flashrom.org/Downloads

after downgrade of my bios to 2103, everything was fine, everything works a lot more smooth and audio is working :D

thanks toledo for this awesome patch and thanks sagerian for the solution in mint :D

theroot said:
Reverting BIOS 3K to 2K might cause problems according to Apprentice's post
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=58848
apprentice said:
If you follow the steps in the link above to flash your BIOS from v3207 to v2303
by using the AMI tool, you will not be able to adjust DRAM and CPU speed on
your K version of CPU (e.g., my i5-2500K)!!!
Sagerian, don't you have such problems with your method? And does 'flashrom' command line util mean below?
http://flashrom.org/Downloads

Big time off topic:
Well, I don't know what to say... I don't fiddle with the BIOS too much, it's always with almost default settings, so I don't know if I would recognize that something is missing now and it was there before, but it seems I do have the options apprentice says they disappeared. Screenshot from BIOS attached.
Anyway, all of the toleda's experiments were done with the latest BIOS from Asus, 3207. With it I can't make audio and video work in MAC OS X 10.7.4. Obviously, I had to change it back. So what I did was:
- I downloaded all the available BIOSes from Asus' site
- put the files on a FAT32 formatted USB flash memory
- boot live Linux Mint
- apt-get update && apt-get install flashrom
- flashrom -w <P8P67-REV31-ASUS-0105.ROM> (I decided to install the oldest one I could find, because I wanted to do one more upgrade with the EZ Flash from BIOS. This way, the final upgrade will be done with an Asus tool :)))
- I rebooted mint but the computer shut down instead. It started automatically moments later and I entered in BIOS just to check things up. Everything seemed in order.
- from BIOS 0105, I did another flash, to version 2103. I chose this version because what I read on Asus' site, marked with a red line in the screenshot attached. So I wanted the newest version, and the smallest problem.
- reboot, enter BIOS again, everything seems ok, version 2103. Screenshot attached.
- shutdown, pop out BIOS battery, leave it like that for 15 minutes, while I ate :)
At later reboots, the computer would shut down, pause, start up instead. It did this a few times.

Update: 28 minutes later... reinstalled MAC OS X, video working, audio working. Only sleep does not work properly.

Attachments

• IMAG0214.jpg
    IMAG0214.jpg
    787.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMAG0215.jpg
    IMAG0215.jpg
    852 KB · Views: 812
  • asus.png
    asus.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 264
  • bios version.png
    bios version.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 279
sagerian said:
- flashrom -w <P8P67-REV31-ASUS-0105.ROM> (I decided to install the oldest one I could find, because I wanted to do one more upgrade with the EZ Flash from BIOS. This way, the final upgrade will be done with an Asus tool :)))
That should be a careful method. I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back