Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial 1

I tried this: reflashing my BIOS to the previous version 2001; formatting the partition; reinstalling the whole OS; installing AppleHDA from MultiBeast-4.5.2
The result is: the audio works perfectly
IORegistryExplorer file: Trial1_P8P67_Rev_3.1_BIOS_VERSION_2001.zip

Trial 2

I tried this: after that, reflashed my BIOS to the latest version 3207
The result is: no output device, no input device
IORegistryExplorer file: Trial2_P8P67_Rev_3.1_BIOS_VERSION_3207.zip

Trial 3

I tried this: after that, I removed /S/L/E/AppleHDA (rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext); installed AppleHDA from MultiBeast-4.5.2 as shown in the screenshot above
The result is: no output device, no input device
IORegistryExplorer file: Trial3_P8P67_Rev_3.1_BIOS_VERSION_3207.zip

Question: when i install from Multibeast, I install a patched AppleHDA and a corresponding enabler for the audio chipset. When I remove AppleHDA, I remove only the patched AppleHDA, shouldn't I remove the enabler also? If so, how to do it?

Attachments

• Trial1_P8P67_Rev_3.1_BIOS_VERSION_2001.zip
    433.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Trial2_P8P67_Rev_3.1_BIOS_VERSION_3207.zip
    409.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Trial3_P8P67_Rev_3.1_BIOS_VERSION_3207.zip
    402.5 KB · Views: 69
ilmixmoto said:
toleda said:
ilmixmoto said:
hi Toleda
I wanted to thank you for your great work and then I wanted to ask if you could help me with the problem of audio with my Sabertooth p67. The problem arose when I upgraded UEFI BIOS to version 3302. Now I can only get the audio outputs with VoodooHDA while before the update it worked very well with the applehda. I tried all the kext found on multibeast ... I am attaching ioreg (with vodoohda working) and my dsdt. I really hope you manage to find the solution! thanks again
Voodoo IOReg is not helpful. When convenient, edit dsdt/HDEF/Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) as described in the first post, delete all Voodoo and install MultiBeast/Patched AppleHDA/ALC892. Reply with dsdt and a new copy of IOReg.
Hello Toleda
Here's how you asked of the ioreg with applehda uploaded.
i'm not capable of changing the dsdt because if I do dsdtedit don't compile the file because most of the errors ...
Thanks of 'aid

Hi,
please help :crazy: !! can someone tel me how to add this IOREG file after installation of Multibeast, or any tuto or video ?
Thnks a lot

HDD 1TWD

sagerian said:
Question: whan i install from Multibeast, I install a patched AppleHDA and a corresponding enabler for the audio chipset. When I remove AppleHDA, I remove only the patched AppleHDA, shouldn't I remove the enabler also? If so, how to do it?
This is good work. I see the problem in 3207. Two approaches: 1. get on board audio working and 2. find the best fix for the 3207 BIOS.

Can you do a fresh install with 10.7.4 on 3207?
1. Fresh install
2. Extract dsdt (if you don't have it already)
3. MultiBeast - bootable system/no audio
4. IOReg copy - Baseline
5. Backup

To get on board audio working:
1. Fresh install - from above
2. MultiBeast selections
a. ALC8xxHDA
b. AppleHDA RollBack
c. ALC892 Enabler
3. Restart
4. IOReg copy - MultiBeast 892 audio

Reply with dsdt, copy of baseline IOReg and copy of MultiBeast 892 audio IOReg.

Asus_P8p67_rev3.1_Bios3207_dsdt was obtained as follows, from DSDT Editor
- File, Extract DSDT
- File, Save DSL As

IORegistryExplorer_Baseline and IORegistryExplorer_after_Multibeast were obtained as follows, from IOregistryExplorer:
- File, Save A Copy As

By the way, the sound is not working, I have exactly the same problem as before.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer_after_Multibeast.zip
    338.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IORegistryExplorer_Baseline.ioreg.zip
    342.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Asus_P8p67_rev31_Bios3207_dsdt.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 99
sagerian said:
By the way, the sound is not working, I have exactly the same problem as before.
Baseline isn't what I was looking for; it looks like Rollback and enabler. Need a fresh install with the native AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 and no enabler (MultiBeast - bootable system/no audio). If convenient, make a new baseline IOReg with native audio.

The dsdt is not readable (it opens as UNIX executable). Save it as a .dsl and attach.

Another experiment with the enabler, delete ALC8xxHDA.kext and install this AppleHDA.kext: Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA. Thanks.

Hey I have a problem with this chipset. It works sometimes on start up. But sometimes it doesn't. Its really getting annoying to me. What I mean is that sometimes it provides perfect sound, but then I restart and for some reason the thing doesn't start. Sometimes if I restart again it comes back, sometimes it takes a few times, and sometimes I have to reinstall the kexts to get it to come back. Sometimes even that doesn't work. It just seems so entirely random. I have a p8z68-v pro from asus, running bios 0502, no dsdt. I'm not sure that the I/O would help you but if it will let me know.

Baseline isn't what I was looking for; it looks like Rollback and enabler. Need a fresh install with the native AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 and no enabler (MultiBeast - bootable system/no audio). If convenient, make a new baseline IOReg with native audio.
I attached a baseline of a fresh install of Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53), no Multibeast, no rollback or enablers, no modifications made by me whatsoever. I have an original AppleHDA.kext v2.2.0, created/modified April 10, 2012 6:01 AM.

The dsdt is not readable (it opens as UNIX executable). Save it as a .dsl and attach.
Please do not reject the files because of a wrong extension. You just had to change it. The contents of the file are important, whatever the extension may be. You change it to what the program expects to load, and you're good to go. Anyway, attaching a new one of this, too. But I had to let DSDT Editor install Java for OSX. This was the only modification to the system.

Another experiment with the enabler, delete ALC8xxHDA.kext and install this AppleHDA.kext: Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA. Thanks.
I tried the interim kext from that link before I did this fresh install and it did not work, exactly like the others.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 82
  • baseline.zip
    324.6 KB · Views: 95
sagerian said:
I attached a baseline of a fresh install of Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53), no Multibeast, no rollback or enablers, no modifications made by me whatsoever. I have an original AppleHDA.kext v2.2.0, created/modified April 10, 2012 6:01 AM.

Please do not reject the files because of a wrong extension. You just had to change it. The contents of the file are important, whatever the extension may be. You change it to what the program expects to load, and you're good to go. Anyway, attaching a new one of this, too. But I had to let DSDT Editor install Java for OSX. This was the only modification to the system.

I tried the interim kext from that link before I did this fresh install and it did not work, exactly like the others.
The baseline is still not right. I'm interested in MultiBeat/no audio. Update the baseline with your normal MultiBeast options without any audio selections.

The experiment confirms the native dsdt with the audio enabler does not support OS X audio. The change: BIOS 3207 adds PEGP in PEG0.

Next experiment, delete PEGP.
Search PEGP
Search:

Delete:
Device (PEGP)
{
Name (_ADR, 0xFFFF)
}

Next:
Delete
Scope (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)
{
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))
}
}

Next:
Delete
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, 0x02)

Compile, save and install the edited dsdt in Extra.

Verify the enabler is installed. Try either or both, whatever is convenient.
1. Interim Ivy Bridge AppleHDA
2. ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Roolback

Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg.

mizino said:
Hey I have a problem with this chipset. It works sometimes on start up. But sometimes it doesn't. Its really getting annoying to me. What I mean is that sometimes it provides perfect sound, but then I restart and for some reason the thing doesn't start. Sometimes if I restart again it comes back, sometimes it takes a few times, and sometimes I have to reinstall the kexts to get it to come back. Sometimes even that doesn't work. It just seems so entirely random. I have a p8z68-v pro from asus, running bios 0502, no dsdt. I'm not sure that the I/O would help you but if it will let me know.
I have an audio failure, perhaps, once a month. It happens but not at the frequency you see. Suggest a clean install.

Only problem is i just got the machine the way I want it, lol, it seems like a small thing but actually it takes me weeks to get a machine to the way that works for me. So if there is a solution that doesn't involve me losing preferences and installed programs and the like, it'd be preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back