Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why, but did a quick reinstall of the latest patched AppleHDA.kext for 10.7.3 from MultiBeast 4.5.1 on my system (deleting all old audio kexts first) and now the audio works. Tried twice before on an old 10.7.3 install and a fresh 10.7.4 copy.

I guess third time's a charm.

Sweet, this fixed my disappeared audio!

G'day toleda, i followed the exact instructions but somehow when i press the mute button on the keyboard it shows the speaker with a bar over it, like it's muted but the sound still works, when i press again it has no effect and the mute checkmark near the volume slider is not active. what exactly am i doing wrong?
I attached a copy of IOReg
Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• regio.zip
    396.2 KB · Views: 103
wellstone said:
G'day toleda, i followed the exact instructions but somehow when i press the mute button on the keyboard it shows the speaker with a bar over it, like it's muted but the sound still works, when i press again it has no effect and the mute checkmark near the volume slider is not active. what exactly am i doing wrong?
I attached a copy of IOReg
Thanks in advanced
What version is S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (Finder/File/Get Info)?

wellstone said:
toleda said:
What version is S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (Finder/File/Get Info)?
it's 2.1.3
Mute was added to 2.1.7. Install MultiBeat 892 patched AppleHDA for the latest version.

toleda said:
Mute was added to 2.1.7. Install MultiBeat 892 patched AppleHDA fro the latest version.
Yes, my bad, i had a problem with Kernel Cache, it didn't update. I realize that when you asked me about the version. Works as it should now,

Thanks a lot

I'm having trouble with the audio devices never showing up.

Motherboard : Gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3 rev 2.0 F11 Bios
Audio : ALC 892
OSX: 10.7.4

I've updated my DSDT, i always repair permissions, removed all enablers that I can find.

still no progress (Been without audio for like 4 or 5 months)

is there some where that I can get the actual kexts and use the kextbeast version of install as the multi beast one doesn't work for sure.

Thanks!

EDIT:
OK so i found out that I was removing the HDAEnablers wrong. i had just been dropping in the trash but you really have to right click then move to trash.

So, I can now see all my audio outputs but I cannot hear anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back