Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
jfm75 said:
Hello, I have deleted the ConfigData section and this is the result:

Of course, still no sound at all.
Try this AppleHDA.kext.zipRemove any audio enablers and helpers. DSDT is fine. Install as is.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
Lost audio on 10.7.4 update. Installing through Multibeast does not fix. Rebuilt cache, still not fixed. Fix, anyone?

EDIT: Tried AppleHDA in above post. Worked.

toleda said:
Try this AppleHDA.kext.zipRemove any audio enablers and helpers. DSDT is fine. Install as is.

Still no sound. :cry: :cry:

IORegistry.zip

Attachments

• IORegistry.zip
    564.1 KB · Views: 87
toleda said:
jfm75 said:
Hello, I have deleted the ConfigData section and this is the result:

Of course, still no sound at all.

Hi am really new at this ... could you please tell me how to remove audio enablers and helpers? Thanks

Forgive me as I'm new. I did the CustoMac Mini build, and everything is fine except for the HDMI audio. I used the DSDT in the 2nd post of the official guide thread, and used following on multibeast: Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889.

Am I missing a step somewhere? I've read so many threads, some new, some old, that I am lost at this point.

azwildcat11 said:
Forgive me as I'm new. I did the CustoMac Mini build, and everything is fine except for the HDMI audio. I used the DSDT in the 2nd post of the official guide thread, and used following on multibeast: Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889.

Am I missing a step somewhere? I've read so many threads, some new, some old, that I am lost at this point.
Delete S/L/E/ALC8xxx, run MultiBeast/Utilities and restart.

ALC8xxHDA.kext should only be installed with AppleHDA Rollback, never with a patched AppleHDA.kext.

toleda said:
azwildcat11 said:

Delete S/L/E/ALC8xxx, run MultiBeast/Utilities and restart.

ALC8xxHDA.kext should only be installed with AppleHDA Rollback, never with a patched AppleHDA.kext.

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't have ALC8xxx in S/L/E, is there something else I should be looking for that might be causing the conflict?

Edit: Scratch that, it was the HDAEnabler. Removed that, ran MultiBeast/Utilities, and voila, sweet HDMI audio. Thanks for your work Toleda!

Hi, I am somewhat new at this. This is my first build. I think everything is working except for the sound. I am using a Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard and I have a set of 5.1 analog surround sound speakers plugged in. I am successfully dual booting with Windows 7 and the sound works perfectly in Windows. I used the Patched AppleHDA kext in MultiBeast 4.5.1 and all nine audio ports show up in System Profiler (front headphone, front mic, three surround sound ports, line out, line in, rear mic, and optical spdif). However, only six ports show up in Audio MIDI Setup. I am missing the line out port for the front left and right speakers, another line out port, and an input port. Because of the missing ports, I am unable to correctly setup my speakers. I have attached my IOReg and my DSDT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IORegistry.zip
    421 KB · Views: 85
  • DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD7-B3-F9.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 112
gtg826q said:
Hi, I am somewhat new at this. This is my first build. I think everything is working except for the sound. I am using a Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard and I have a set of 5.1 analog surround sound speakers plugged in. I am successfully dual booting with Windows 7 and the sound works perfectly in Windows. I used the Patched AppleHDA kext in MultiBeast 4.5.1 and all nine audio ports show up in System Profiler (front headphone, front mic, three surround sound ports, line out, line in, rear mic, and optical spdif). However, only six ports show up in Audio MIDI Setup. I am missing the line out port for the front left and right speakers, another line out port, and an input port. Because of the missing ports, I am unable to correctly setup my speakers. I have attached my IOReg and my DSDT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nothing is missing. Front (left and right) speakers are called Built in Output and the two Built in Line Output represent the Center/Sub and Rear (L & R) speakers. For more information download Attachment 2 from this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59074. The functionality for the 889 is the same as presented for the 892.

toleda said:
Nothing is missing. Front (left and right) speakers are called Built in Output and the two Built in Line Output represent the Center/Sub and Rear (L & R) speakers. For more information download Attachment 2 from this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59074. The functionality for the 889 is the same as presented for the 892.

Thank you so much! Everything is working perfect now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back