Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, is this the same version as before or a new one? :?

Im using the gigabyte z68mx ud2h b3 and have updatet to this next. Unfortunately Front Audio still doesn't work here.. Are there andy DSDT Edits I need to do or something? In Windows it works..

THANKS!

I'm a bit confused. I have spent the better part of today going through the DSDT editing (I didn't have to do anything in the end, my DSDT from the Database already had everything needed).... I've installed the kext, but I still get 889 (no HDMI)... Using a GT 520 Nvidia.

Can you please tell me how to edit this to make the HDMI appear through my card?

Thanks,

I've updated to this kext and still get horrible popping using Built-In Output. I just did a fresh install, and did not have this problem before using the previous kext. Tried using that as well, same thing. Pop at start up, pops everytime sound hasnt been played for 10-15sec.

Would editing the plist, as per HDMI edits, solve this? Did that for my HTPC, and could do that here, bc don't you create a proper 889 in the plist? Idk just asking..

gurklu said:
Im using the gigabyte z68mx ud2h b3 and have updatet to this next. Unfortunately Front Audio still doesn't work here.. Are there andy DSDT Edits I need to do or something? In Windows it works..

THANKS!
Attach a copy of IOReg and your dsdt.

Shakin_Handz said:
I've updated to this kext and still get horrible popping using Built-In Output. I just did a fresh install, and did not have this problem before using the previous kext. Tried using that as well, same thing. Pop at start up, pops everytime sound hasnt been played for 10-15sec.

Would editing the plist, as per HDMI edits, solve this? Did that for my HTPC, and could do that here, bc don't you create a proper 889 in the plist? Idk just asking..
Digital audio does not pop; your choices are optical or HDMI. What are you using for system definition? What are you using for speakers? Something else is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back