Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion

Installed (without any DSDT edits as I don't want HDMI audio - plus don't think I can with HD2000) but there are still no sound devices on the list.

I've tried doing it with Multibeast's "repair permissions" to see if that makes any difference...

TonyMac - any idea how long until the user-friendly (i.e. idiot-proof) version will be released?

Success. :thumbup: The popping audio during boot is gone now. My impression is the sound is clearer, too, better than my iMac audio out.

In addition the audio control panel now shows up in my language (not English).

MB: GA-Z68XP-UD4 rev. 1.3 Bios F5 / OS X 10.7.2

leech3r said:
Hi folks,
I just put together a hackintosh from scratch, i5 2500lk, Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 (F9) with it's corresponding DSDT from database, etc.

When installed, audio worked, but had random kernel panics, which showed "voodooHDA" on the error. I deleted voodoo HDA, reinstalled about 15 times the OS, applied Multibeast using this guide:
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=36674
and still no audio. It shows the control panel, but there is no audio coming out.

I also installed the realtek from this thread with kextbeast, reboot, but nothing happens.

Hope somebody can help me, I have been uninstalling and reinstalling the OS, drivers, etc with no avail.
If somebody can tell me EXACTLY and step by step what to install, as I suspect something else is needed, not just the kept with kextbeast.
Also if DSDT edit is needed, how to do that.

Thanks!
Leech3r

One shouldn't need VoodooHDA. That's the point of a DSDT (which you used from the database, and is already edited) and a patched AppleHDA for 889. VoodooHDA should only be used for users who can not get sound to work otherwise.
My suggestion is during install, don't select any audio options, do that post. After a fresh install, d/l the latest DSDT from the Database (place in the extras folder), then install the AppleHDA posted here (I like Kext Utility personally). Reboot and you should have sound.

lxlifestream said:
So for my setup, i don't use a dsdt at all.
And it works perfect, and i used the 889 kext from MultiBeast.
And that works.
Or do i not need to worry about the dsdt since my previous driver works.

If everything works, then no. Some Asus boards have the advantage of having certain aspects of them being OS X native. Your Asus board could share the same pin config as a Real Mac (to a degree), or you have an HDAEnabler somewhere that has your pin configs. All a DSDT does is make your Hackintosh System more "vanilla" by taking the place of one or more kexts.

After couple days of usage. This driver works as expected. However, I do have another problem (apart from my mic issue). After the computer went to sleep for a long time (hours), after wake up, the headphones/IntSpeaker doesn't switch anymore. After restart, they become normal again.

The AppleHDA download from kexts.com doesn't do this, after computer sleeps overnight, the headphones/speaker auto switch still works.

whelktrim said:
Installed (without any DSDT edits as I don't want HDMI audio - plus don't think I can with HD2000) but there are still no sound devices on the list.

I've tried doing it with Multibeast's "repair permissions" to see if that makes any difference...

TonyMac - any idea how long until the user-friendly (i.e. idiot-proof) version will be released?
If you installed the AppleHDA.kext from the download, you need to remove S/L/E/ALC8xxxHDA.kext, MultiBeast/System Utilities and Reboot. If it doesn't work reinstall MultiBeast audio as before.

Perhaps, next month on the MultiBeast version.

great kext!

better than the rest, thank you much!

Amazing! Thanks:)
I deleted ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA.
Used kextbeast with new AppleHDA, rebooted and that was it.

I don't remember my subwoofer working before (black rear)
Like sound came out of it before, but the bass wasn't like it is now.
Still pops when computer boots up, what don't really care about that!

Didn't have a problem with audio before, so with this, it just made it better then it was before!

deleted ALC8xx.kext and AppleHDA.kext
put your new AppleHDA.kext on the desktop and used kextbeast to install.
Everything is working great! Thanks again for this!!!!

Is anybody having problems with their Hackintoshes coming out of sleep after installing this? Before, sleep worked fine, but after I installed, the wake/login screen would come up blacked out or frozen, so I would have to reset to log back in. I reverted to my previous AppleHDA & whatever the other kext was, and it works fine. I'm running a clean install of Lion 10.7.2 on a GA-Z68XP-UD3 MB using the P8 BIOS & DSDT from Tony's library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back