Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 888 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 888 on Lion

toleda said:
diskx said:
Hey there, i've been using this kext for a little bit now and i'm using a gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3 motherboard, today randomly my computer goes to sleep and my audio stops working, so i restart my computer and my sound disappears! No audio devices are showing up or anything, i've tried deleting the applehda.kext and reinstalling it, however its failed me 3 times now. Any suggestions?
It is not possible to tell you what is wrong with the info provided. Attach a copy of IOReg.

Hope this is correct.

Attachments

• Thomas’s Mac Pro.zip
    391.5 KB · Views: 80

toleda said:
diskx said:
Hope this is correct.
It appears your 888 codec has failed. It does not appear in IOReg. Check with the motherboard manufacturer.

Oy vey. Do any cheap audio cards exist that would work out of the box?

I believe most USB audio dongles work without drivers. I have one that came along with my Logitech headset that simply worked as a line out/headphone and mic combination. Worked well for gaming on the Hackintosh. They can normally be had for a few dollars.

Gents,

Thanks to your help, I now have sound! I found the "HDAenabler" kext hiding away in my "Extras" folder, not in S/L/E. Must have been left over from 10.7.2 and I forgot it was there. Thanks for reviewing my case, another happy customer :)

Many Thanks,

Dominik

Need some help
I'm using the latest AppleHDA.kext (10.7.3) but still I have everything in Output/Input devices but no sound at all. I'm attaching the ioreg if someone can see where is the mistake.
p.s. I also tried editing the PCIconfig data (exported from Win 7) in the AppleHDAConfigDriver.kext info.plist but again without any success.
Wolfdale.ioreg

WolfDale said:
Need some help
I'm using the latest AppleHDA.kext (10.7.3) but still I have everything in Output/Input devices but no sound at all. I'm attaching the ioreg if someone can see where is the mistake.
This thread is obsolete. Post here 888_Lion_AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back