Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Hi,

Firstly, a massive thank you to everyone here who has contributed to the Hackintosh community - it's with your help that I can say I have a working hack :)

I've been able to:
  1. Install Mojave onto an SSD alongside a Windows 10 partition
  2. Customise the Clover boot menu so it has 2 options only (one for Win 10 and another for Mojave) with a 10s countdown
  3. Successfully boot either OS

I like to run the latest version of my software and recently tried upgrading Clover to the latest version (r4871). However, that broke my installation and I had to restore the EFI\Clover\drivers64UEFI folder.

I am now trying to understand and optimise the Clover boot process, particularly the UEFI drivers as I'd like to a) be running the latest versions; b) understand which drivers I need for my system (rather than relying on 'it just works').

I've attached my bootlog and config.plist files and would be extremely grateful for any help this community can offer in understanding:
  1. If there's anything amiss in the bootlog I should be worried about
  2. Which UEFI drivers I need to select during the Clover upgrade process (so I can re-apply the upgrade and get the latest drivers that will work on this system)

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,
Mark.

ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard with onboard audio and graphics
Intel i5 3570K
8Gb PC3-10666 1333Mhz DDR3 Memory
240Gb Muskin Chronos SSD
Samsung Blu-Ray ROM / DVD-RW Combi
Onboard audio and graphics

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 134
  • bootlog20190204.txt
    23.3 KB · Views: 110
Oh man, I'm in the same situation as you. Everything seems to be working A-OK and has been for a while (excepting that hiccup with 10.14.4 due to my AMD KBL graphics which is now fixed), but ... uhh just every time I update Clover I Customise and scroll through those UEFI 64bit drivers and just wish I knew what the best selection of them would be. I mean, everything works, everything's fast, it's tempting to say "if it ain't broke" but I would love to read documentation on what each driver and variation of each driver does. I would even happily CREATE such documentation if someone could either point me to the info in any state or take the time to explain it to us... hint hint... I'll keep searching though and will update if I find anything useful...

edit Mmm, doesn't help much that the Clover wiki appears to be down, but I had forgotten that Clover Configurator actually has some brief-ish descriptions for the UEFI drivers in the Install Drivers section. Even if you don't use Clover Configurator, probably worth downloading it just to take a look at that. I was going to type it out but it's deceptively a lot of info, and I can't quite escape the suspicion that I'd be duplicating the work someone else has done online, that there's an amazing guide to Clover and everything lurking somewhere online and my Google-fu just sucks. I am getting old, maybe it's time to put me out to pasture

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back