Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Been running my build for a week or so now, everything is great minus getting a webcam working (next step) and this random DVD drive thing.

Every now and then it just seems to randomly try to access the drive, but theres no disc or anything in it. It just spins up, i hear it spin, look at the green access light, then thats it.

It doesnt seem to cause any problems or anything, but has anyone else had this issue?

Maybe supply which drive is it?
Did you try one of the drives recommended on the TonyMac wiki (or other ox86 wikis)?

ryanrichard25 said:
Been running my build for a week or so now, everything is great minus getting a webcam working (next step) and this random DVD drive thing.

Every now and then it just seems to randomly try to access the drive, but theres no disc or anything in it. It just spins up, i hear it spin, look at the green access light, then thats it.

It doesnt seem to cause any problems or anything, but has anyone else had this issue?
Sounds like you are not using a Sony or Pioneer drive.

Other than switching drives you can try the following:

1) Leave a disc in the drive all the time.
2) Disable put drives to sleep in energy saver.

damndoe said:
Maybe supply which drive is it?
Did you try one of the drives recommended on the TonyMac wiki (or other ox86 wikis)?

sorry about that :oops:

its a LITEON IHAS224-06

Hi there!

Same here but i checked under sys pref > energy settings, and i didn`t find that option to disable it, it`s not a big deal like you said but still, you know!...bye the way i`m on 10.6.7
does everyone else have that option but me or what am i missing here exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back