Zotac 9800GT 1GB Synergy Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys

I originally posted this in the software forum as I thought the issue just related to using HandBrake but it now seems to be a general system issue.

GA-P55M-UD2 running 10.7.4 with a Samsung SH-S223 22x DVD±RW DL SATA Optical Drive

I first noticed the problem trying to rip a DVD with HandBrake whereby during the ripping process HandBrake would announce that it had completed but on inspection my optical drive had disappeared from the system.

After a reboot I tried ripping with RipIt which worked, but when I tried to eject the DVD from the drive nothing happend - just a spinning beach ball. The only way I could get the DVD out was to force the Mac off and then eject during reboot. I could not even eject via the terminal.

Next I decided to test ripping some CDs to iTunes to check everything was working. These completed fine, however the last one I tested I did not immediately eject. After about 10 minutes I tried the eject and the same thing happened as before with RipIt. I had to hard reset the Mac to get it out.

Very peculiar! Up until now I thought I had a rock solid Hackintosh so this recent behaviour is quite puzzling. Has anyone come across anything similar before?

tl;dr - if I leave a CD or DVD mounted for more than 10 minutes I have to hard reset my Hack.

Weird. Does your Drive have a little hole? You can use a paperclip to eject it manually rather than hard reseting.

Solved this issue by replacing my Samsung with a Sony Optiarc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back