CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, before you ask what does this subject have anything to do with tonymacx, let me explain...
My main computer is a MBP 13 2017, the last one without the touchpad, using a 2nd monitor when I am sitting on my desk makes the experience enjoyable.
My backup is a Hackintosh, thanks to @pastrychef golden build, fabulous and extremely stable computer, though not as powerful as his build, mine is a i5 8400, 32GB ram, 1TB Nvme, no graphics card, and a 2nd SSD for Win 10 on dual boot.

I want to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Here the options I see:
1. Get the cheapest and bare minimum graphic card option, RX 570/580 8GB, In Canada that still costs CAD$250 (around US$200)
2. Go a little higher to a RX5600xt, that goes up to CAD$450 (US$350)
3. Go even higher, RX5700XT -> CAD$600 (US$450), the not XT version could cost a $50 less, but it is not easy to find.
4. Go with Nvidia, now the Ampere line is out the prices will go down, maybe an RTX 2060/2070, but the used market here reacts quite slow, being a small city, that could take some time. Also, I am running Catalina, I should find a way to disable the graphic card in OSX, and for what I read the cable must be switched between integrated and video card every time I reboot.
5. Xbox X. preorder opens in a week at CAD$599.
6. Wait a little longer, once AMD releases the new Navi cards, eventually prices in the mid-range cards should go down.

A few weeks ago I was already decided to buy a graphics card, now I am not so sure.
I will be grateful for your opinions and suggestions.
George

I don't know how demanding Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is... Try searching around the internet to see what other users are using. Your Hackintosh is the same as any other PC. What works for others will work for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back