Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390
CPU
Intel i7 9700k 3.6Ghz
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB
Hey,This is going to be my first ever hackintosh build and just wanted to get some opinions on it.With this build I didn't want to go overboard with the budget and my main goal is to have MacOS Catalina running smoothly and to have higher chance of it being compatible with future OS updates. I don't plan to use Wifi, airdrop features, don't own an iPhone so the whole Apple ecosystem isn't important to me. I do need for Ethernet, App Store and most apps (Adobe, Sketch mainly) to work great though,

**My build:**
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390
CPU: Intel i7 9700K 3.6Ghz
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (16GB x2) DDR4 3200 Dual Rank
SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB SATA3
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR COOLING™ H55
PSU: CORSAIR RMX SERIES RM650X 650W
CASE: CORSAIR Carbide Series SPEC-05

Would this build be fine for what I need or do you have any suggestions for it?

Hey,This is going to be my first ever hackintosh build and just wanted to get some opinions on it.With this build I didn't want to go overboard with the budget and my main goal is to have MacOS Catalina running smoothly and to have higher chance of it being compatible with future OS updates. I don't plan to use Wifi, airdrop features, don't own an iPhone so the whole Apple ecosystem isn't important to me. I do need for Ethernet, App Store and most apps (Adobe, Sketch mainly) to work great though,

This build should be compatible with MacOS Catalina and probably future MacOS versions.

Depending on what you're mostly going to do with you hackintosh, you should consider an i9 instead of the 9700K, since intel has removed hyperthreading capabilities from their 9th gen i7 CPUs and therefore gives you less threads than the previous 8700K.

Did you get this working? I have same build and am having troubles with enabling the internal GPU and also with sleep/restart/shutdown.

Did you get this working? I have same build and am having troubles with enabling the internal GPU and also with sleep/restart/shutdown.

Make your Own thread under the OS you are having issues with. You might also try looking at some of the golden/User builds.

Good build!
For SSD: Samsung 860 Evo is okay. But if you need the system run faster then go with SSD Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe.

Make your Own thread under the OS you are having issues with. You might also try looking at some of the golden/User builds.

I did that, and managed to solve the majority of my issues. I updated it with the solutions. Maybe the thread will be useful to others. Thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back