Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
continuation of thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/building-a-cheap-hackintosh-for-logic-pro-x.232526/#post-1639315
I'd like to hear more about this build from the thread starter

i am not sure what you'd like to hear more about from the thread starter. i am not the thread starter. i'd love to not only learn more about Mac OS X (the "new" name for OS X for many years, as i have just learned) but to learn more about computers, OSs, programs and programming JAVA and Linux.

i started out as a musician trying to find my way through garage band and the LP9, LPX, PTs First and find myself waisting months and years just learning basic connections, routing and navigation. it was very frustrating but when i get something to work, i feel great satisfaction, so computers having to do with music is going to be my specialty, i hope. anyways, i am going to try to learn how to use these programs, although i am interested in DAWs that work in Mac OS X, Windows and Linux, so that would be Harrington Mixbus and Waveform Tracktion and ... ? and class compliant hardware.

i have had an issue doing unintentional things in programs. it must be because i have multiple programs open at once and sometimes think i am working in one a programs when i have another program active, so i must have typed a command by accident when i thought i was writing something in TextEdit and the reverse must have been true because i have downloaded a very large number of images. i have a 3 TB hard drive and i am guessing i have somewhere between 500 GB and 2 TB of unwanted images in documents, which is where i was keeping LPX projects. now i see why that was a bad idea. it is not practical to delete these images because it will take months of work time to do so. i think i will need to initialize my hard drive and do a reinstall of the OS. i do not know how many of my projects i will ruin when i do this, so i will put it off until i can reproduce my projects somehow, maybe import them into new projects?

as another tonymacx86 user pointed out to me in this thread, "all my files" is the default setting that Finder opens when opening Finder, and that can be changed in Finder > Preferences and there is a box which can be unchecked and Documents or whatever you want can be chosen to open instead.

as i write this, i realize that the unwanted images are not in Documents, because Documents open no problem, but all my files takes a while to open, so i have to look some more at what is going on. but logic music files are mixed in with the unwanted images.

Automation doesn't use CPU but the plugins do.

thanks for this. i am correct to assume automation uses ram? do you have any recommendation for me to learn more about basic computer functions like this?

Your problem is quite confusing with the image files, but an easy one to solve if they are all on your documents, display the documents folder in list view, each file will show it’s name, a date and file type! If click on the header of each it will display them in that order. List them by file type and move all the un wanted images to trash or a new folder, it will also list all your Logic projects. So you can move or open any of them.

There is one possibility you didn’t save your Logic projects as a project file but as a folder, in which case you will see other folders like “audio files” or “bounces”, if you did this for numerous songs into the same folder that would be quite weird and cause a lot of problems, but that would be obvious if this is the case.
Hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back