Contribute
Register

Opening App Store freezes Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone zip up there EFI config for the Lenovo M93p OR explain how to add the -wegbeta string to config
There is a build guide posted in Catalina Desktop guides for that Lenovo. That should help you.

Can someone zip up there EFI config for the Lenovo M93p OR explain how to add the -wegbeta string to config
Nevermind adding - Got that figured out - Still having crashing issues with updated lilu and whatevergreen kexts installed

Anyone with i7 m93p EFI config that would be greatly appreciated! Cant seem to get this app store crash issue figured out

Having the same issue on my Lenovo M83.

Having the same issue on my Lenovo M83.

Have you updated Lilu and WhatEverGreen kexts to the latest version? Have you tried adding -wegbeta to "Boot Arguments" in your config file? Your system seems pretty similar to mine, it should work.

Hi, I'm still getting this problem, I have added the -wegbeta but nothing from the app store will download.

did u install whatevergreen and lilu both in library/extansion and in the efi partition?

installing them only in one did not resolve the problem in my mackintosh.

Adding the wgbeta to mine fixed it! Thanks!!!
EDIT: Still trying to make it work actually.

EDIT 2: So I was able to fix it. I'm now running all my kexts out of EFI/Other (in the vein of vanilla installs) but I still had old kexts installed to system/extensions and library/extensions. What I had to do was delete all the old kexts that I'd installed to those locations previously (lilu, intelmausi, etc). I then had only my updated kexts in the EFI/Other folder and for me this fixed it.

I would suspect that anyone that only runs theirs kexts through s/e or l/e could just update or switch to whatever green and lilu without issues and not have to take the route I went. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm still getting this problem, I have added the -wegbeta but nothing from the app store will download.
Did You manage to solve this issue? Kind regard Svend

Hey guys, i'm experiencing the same problem with the App Store. Apart from that, my system is running very smoothly, iMessage and all. But the App Stores makes the whole system crash in seconds.

I have both Lilu and WhateverGreen in kexts/Other and in Library/Extensions too. Also, added -webgeta. Nothing seems to be doing the trick.

I just got it!

Updating Clover solved the issue. Now, there's another problem.

App Store opens just fine, but I can't login. If I type the wrong password, it tell me that it's wrong, but when I type the right login info, the pop-up just closes and I'm not logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back