CPU
i5-4570T/Q87
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally got Catalina up and running on my Thinkcentre m93p and I only have a couple issues. Opening the App Store causes the system to freeze, requiring a force reset.

I read a forum thread regarding a similar problem on Mojave and I can confirm that Lilu and Whatevergreen are installed and updated.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have exactly the same issue on desktop (motherboard Z97-G43 + i5-4690K).
I can confirm that Lilu and WhateverGreen don't change anything.

In my case opening the "App Store" causes immediate system crash, or system freeze after few seconds.

I didn't find any solution till now.

Last edited:
I finally got Catalina up and running on my Thinkcentre m93p and I only have a couple issues. Opening the App Store causes the system to freeze, requiring a force reset.

I read a forum thread regarding a similar problem on Mojave and I can confirm that Lilu and Whatevergreen are installed and updated.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Same machine and same issue (m93p Tiny i5-4570T HD460 macOS Catalina version 10.15.1).

I was able to fix the issue. I had Intel Graphics injection on and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. Those should not be used with WhateverGreen.kext in the most recent versions.

I updated Clover to 5098. Kept the following kexts in Clover with the latest version available for each: AppleALC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, InetlMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext.

I removed in the config file the Intel Graphics injection, and removed FakePCIID*.kext, from Clover.
I used KextBeast to install the same kexts in Clover to S/L/E and L/E.

I do not have any freezing issues, and fixed some graphics corruption I had before the upgrade to Catalina.

The only remaining issue I have now, and might be unrelated to the graphics configuration, is that when rebooting, turning on/off the ThinkCentre m93p Tiny, it is stuck in the Lenovo logo. I had to replace my Hackintosh SSD with a Windows HDD for the m93p to boot once, and then I can replace back to my Hackintosh SSD to be able to boot Catalina or access the BIOS menu.

I followed the information from:
and used Hackintool to check the latest kext versions and superseded kexts.

I'm still having the same issue. Every time I open App Store or embedded videos in Safari the system freezes completely. I'm running a Dell Optiplex 9020 i5 with Intel HD 4600. I've updated Lilu and WhateverGreen Kext to the latest version and I tried every suggestion I found in this Forum and elsewhere without success. Lilu and WhateverGreen seems to NOT load.

Does anyone have a suggestion? What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

I fixed it! I added the -wegbeta boot flag to clover, and it works!!

-wegbeta enables whatevergreen on unsupported OS's

I fixed it! I added the -wegbeta boot flag to clover, and it works!!

-wegbeta enables whatevergreen on unsupported OS's

Thank you so much @riverLethe !!! You're the best!!! Your fix works!!! When everything else I tried failed, and after spending a couple of days trying to fix it, I did what you suggested and added -wegbeta to my config.plist file and everything works like a charm! I'm so happy! Thank you!

Hi, I'm still getting this problem, I have added the -wegbeta but nothing from the app store will download.

Can someone zip up there EFI config for the Lenovo M93p OR explain how to add the -wegbeta string to config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back