OpenEMU: Strict anti-hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel 6700k
Graphics
So today using my hackintosh I to try to play some old school games and macOS has one the best all in one emulators for this task. But it seems that software, OpenEMU, is strictly against hackintoshs for some reason. The worst part is the programs run and your game will start but you cannot input any control. It even states on its input troubleshooting page in bold(https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu/wiki/Troubleshooting:-Input-problems) "OpenEmu running on non-Apple hardware aka "Hackintosh" is strictly unsupported." I have no idea why they would take this approach but they did.

So given the program is open source i was wondering if anyone was so inclined to remove this check or figure out how it operates so it can be patched?

Unsupported means if it doesn't work as expected there is no support. There is no kill switch for non-apple hardware hidden in the code.

Ok that makes sense but what is different between a hackintosh and a normal mac that would cause no input to be registered? It would have to be something involving IOKit i assume. This software will even allow you to map out your controller or keyboard keys showing input is being regestered but once an emulation starts no controls

Ok that makes sense but what is different between a hackintosh and a normal mac that would cause no input to be registered? It would have to be something involving IOKit i assume. This software will even allow you to map out your controller or keyboard keys showing input is being regestered but once an emulation starts no controls
strange, it works on my laptop hack

ok so its not hackintoshs? so it must be either my hardware or something I've installed
maybe. not sure what could be different

i haven't tried a controller, only the keyboard, played a few games, worked fine

yea keyboard or controller input won't register in game but registers just fine one the controller mapping screen. it just sucks because i can't ask the devs for help
not sure on how to help you but have you tried an apple keyboard?

yup i just tried with an apple usb keyboard it works. thank you this is the first step in the right direction. But using a ps4 controller (which they say is natively supported) and my normal keyboard (K70 RGB) doesn't work so i gotta figure out why thats happening

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back