Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Are you talking about the modded bios patch or a regular one downloaded from the Gigabyte website?
I've placed the modded one in the EFI partition but it still isn't seen, there's something else missing/ wrong as the standard bios file is seen no matter what drive or where on those drives i place it..

I'm all up and running with the config.plist patches but will definitely switch over to a bios mod if/when I can.

OC certainly seems to work well (so far) I was able to restore everything with migration assistant from my iMac, everything works as it should.

Both

@esafeddie ill just throw this out. I’m up and running with everything working, including all the iservices on your EFI.

however, I’m curious as you’ve said the bios must be the latest. 12b, if memory serves. But I can’t get 12b to work. It freezes at the Apple. Version 11 is what I have working perfectly.

I’m wondering if there’s any idea why. Could simply be that the non-WiFi board is a bit different??????

obviously if it ain’t broke, I’m not going to fix it.

@esafeddie ill just throw this out. I’m up and running with everything working, including all the iservices on your EFI.

however, I’m curious as you’ve said the bios must be the latest. 12b, if memory serves. But I can’t get 12b to work. It freezes at the Apple. Version 11 is what I have working perfectly.

I’m wondering if there’s any idea why. Could simply be that the non-WiFi board is a bit different??????

obviously if it ain’t broke, I’m not going to fix it.
On Gigabyte's website the latest version for the z390 pro wifi is 12c but if you have everything working to your satisfaction, then do not worry it's not a deal breaker just enjoy.

Hi guys, first post but I have spent the last 2 weeks reading up on everything I could find on OC, Clover compatibility and so on so while noob, I have made a serious attempt to get the basics before posting. Impressed by the effort made by @esafeddie to help get things right.

Since I am aiming at a very similar config for my first build I hope its ok that I add to this thread since it seems both @ekohn00 and @cabal2000 go things running in the end.

I read on the opencore website that z390 is not actually recommended but z370 is impossible to get here and z490 seems to be tricky still so I am thinking about a i9600K + Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi build and I wonder some pretty basic things after going through this thread in detail:

- @cabal2000 Are you finally happy with your build? Is everything working ok with OC 0.5.9?

- @esafeddie The Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi only has one pcie port that the radeon card will use. I also understand that Bluetooth is a no go even though in the Buyers Guide here on tonymacx86 says it will work "Please note, the included Intel m.2 card includes both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but only the bluetooth features are available under macOS".

So, just to confirm, there is no way to get Bluetooth running without getting at least a mAtx board with an additional Pci-e slot? I am less concerned about Wifi, the computer will be connected with ethernet but having a BT keyboard and mouse would be nice.

Thanks in advance for any recomendations.

So, just to confirm, there is no way to get Bluetooth running without getting at least a mAtx board with an additional Pci-e slot? I am less concerned about Wifi, the computer will be connected with ethernet but having a BT keyboard and mouse would be nice.

I chose the Aorus Pro, this is the same as the PRO WIFI but without wifi/bt. Simply made this choice as the wifi/bt will not work with OS X. There is a kext going around for wifi, but that's not very stable.

that said, the simplest solution for me was this card:

Works perfectly for both windows and Mac OS.

I will also note that @esafeddie 's 0.60 build is working perfectly for me. The only unknown would be sound, as my speakers are USB based, so I don't know if the boards sound is functioning. Other than that - sleep/wake/BT/EIFI/UBS-ports/ETC ETC are all working. I also dual boot to windows without any problems. I also over clock my i7 a bit.

Thank you @ekohn00 . Indeed the main difference then is that @cabal2000 also uses the itx board and I am really hung up on a smaller form factor so will be interesting to his feedback. Main issue might be getting bluetooth on that board due to the limited slots.

Hi guys, first post but I have spent the last 2 weeks reading up on everything I could find on OC, Clover compatibility and so on so while noob, I have made a serious attempt to get the basics before posting. Impressed by the effort made by @esafeddie to help get things right.

Since I am aiming at a very similar config for my first build I hope its ok that I add to this thread since it seems both @ekohn00 and @cabal2000 go things running in the end.

I read on the opencore website that z390 is not actually recommended but z370 is impossible to get here and z490 seems to be tricky still so I am thinking about a i9600K + Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi build and I wonder some pretty basic things after going through this thread in detail:

- @cabal2000 Are you finally happy with your build? Is everything working ok with OC 0.5.9?

- @esafeddie The Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi only has one pcie port that the radeon card will use. I also understand that Bluetooth is a no go even though in the Buyers Guide here on tonymacx86 says it will work "Please note, the included Intel m.2 card includes both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but only the bluetooth features are available under macOS".

Thanks in advance for any recomendations.
You can get Bluetooth working with the Intel card on your board. In fact, I used it daily for months connecting my Bose headphones. I later got a native Wifi/BT card and put it in the back M.2 slot which works great.

Running 0.5.9 with 10.15.6. Switched from Clover to OC.

esafeddie You have the the 0.6 up and running?
Yes I have using iMacPro1,1 changed from iMac 19,1 as I couldn't watch any DRM content. Everything working from the onset after a vanilla install.
Here is my EFI Folder minus personal data, I don't know if you want to try it on a test USB drive also if it will be any use to you as my board is the Z390 Pro WIFI and yours is the Z390 I Pro WIFI plus the CFG is unlocked in the BIOS. If yours is still locked, you'll have to acknowledge that in the config.plist otherwise it will boot to a black screen.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Back