Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

What Card are you using? The inbuilt Card can be made operational with a few kexts but even then the connection is flaky and not reliable. It's best to install a compatible card and be done, glad you're up and running at last.
I have a small Bluetooth Dongle "Iogear GBU521", BCM20702A0 chipset. It was always rock-solid with Catalina and lower versions. Given the bad experiences with the internal card, I never bothered trying it. It seems your experiences are also bad? Nevertheless, the GBU521 is even in the "Buyers Guide" as "IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter" with Amazon link. It was and is recommended, but as mentioned by the GitHub link, Apple broke correct functioning since a certain Monterey version. It seems there is no proper fix thus far. Nevertheless, I can manage for the time being.

Thanks! Would be ideal. However, no space left in mini-itx board & case ☹️
Ah ok, the other way, but it is a bit intricate and done by some, is to remove the inbuilt card and swop it out for an Apple compatible one but it is a job I would not take on my self too much hassle.

Ah ok, the other way, but it is a bit intricate and done by some, is to remove the inbuilt card and swop it out for an Apple compatible one but it is a job I would not take on my self too much hassle.
I've done this on my Skylake computer ("Mini-ITX 2" listed below). The most difficult part is inserting the two "micro-micro-nano-mini" cable connectors into the card. If you can do that without destroying anything, it does work on Big Sur, at least... I don't use the Bluetooth on Monterey; have no Bluetooth devices here at home. The replacement card is in the image on the right; left is the original card.

Intel vs Broadcom 2.JPG

hello I need a hand I get in picture and a error in device properties saying the data 01000000 is wrong.
I'm Running z390 Aorus pro wifi/ 9700k and rx580. Should there be more info under device properties? Also getting missing vault signature (Yes it's set to OPTIONAL), and failed to open root FS -security violation? thanks.
IMG_3833.JPG

"<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
<key>layout-id</key>
<data>01000000</data>"

also
Is this correct?
<key>Booter</key>
<dict>
<key>MmioWhitelist</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Address</key>
<integer>4275159040</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Haswell: SB_RCBA is a 0x4 page memory region, containing SPI_BASE at 0x3800 (SPI_BASE_ADDRESS)</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Address</key>
<integer>4278190080</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Generic: PCI root is a 0x1000 page memory region used by some types of firmware</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</array>
<key>Patch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>macOS to hacOS</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>bWFjT1M=</data>
<key>Identifier</key>
<string>Apple</string>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>aGFjT1M=</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
</array>
<key>Quirks</key>
<dict>
<key>AllowRelocationBlock</key>
<false/>
<key>AvoidRuntimeDefrag</key>
<true/>
<key>DevirtualiseMmio</key>
<true/>
<key>DisableSingleUser</key>
<false/>
<key>DisableVariableWrite</key>
<false/>
<key>DiscardHibernateMap</key>
<false/>
<key>EnableSafeModeSlide</key>
<true/>
<key>EnableWriteUnprotector</key>
<false/>
<key>ForceBooterSignature</key>
<false/>
<key>ForceExitBootServices</key>
<false/>
<key>ProtectMemoryRegions</key>
<false/>
<key>ProtectSecureBoot</key>
<false/>
<key>ProtectUefiServices</key>
<true/>
<key>ProvideCustomSlide</key>
<true/>
<key>ProvideMaxSlide</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>RebuildAppleMemoryMap</key>
<true/>
<key>ResizeAppleGpuBars</key>
<integer>-1</integer>
<key>SetupVirtualMap</key>
<true/>
<key>SignalAppleOS</key>
<false/>
<key>SyncRuntimePermissions</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
<key>layout-id</key>
<data>01000000</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>07009B3E</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>01000000</data>
<key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
<data>00003001</data>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Delete</key>
<dict/>
</dict>

@growl92, the problem you describe above is beyond my knowledge

@esafeddie @wstrohm: I am fully up and running, meanwhile nearly from scratch, but the fact that I had a head start with your EFI-files for comparison was a great help!!! I had too many issues at the beginning to make any progress. Many issues I faced was related to USB-mapping. The Windows USBToolbox did not provide a working map for me. I used @wstrohm 's EFI at first and later used USBMap on Mac. I think the main issue was the naming that should correspond with SMBIOS settings in config.plist (Imac19,1-XHC).

For all others: the EFI files mentioned and posted above work great and will give you a fine start! I had BT issues with the Broadcom stick I used with MacOS 10.15. But now with Ventura, I have the onboard Intel BT fully working and stable. It was pretty easy: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/advise-to-get-bluetooth-on-monterey-gigabyte-z390.320606/page-2
People with the Aorus Pro WiFi (mini-ITX) Z390, might find this helpful as well. The onboard gives me better performance in Ventura compared to IoGear GBU521 that I used before

Back