Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

The MSI Z490 is my newest and now main rig, yes the Ports are slightly over the 15 limit and I should revisit the mapping on it but too lazy to do specially as everything is working like a real Mac including iPhone Camera Handoff in FaceTime.

Attachments

• 28130137.png
    28130137.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 28130143.png
    28130143.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 20.07.53.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 20.07.53.png
    4 MB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 20.08.56.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 20.08.56.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 20.09.33.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 20.09.33.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 19.59.40.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 19.59.40.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 26
WHat model of that MSI board do you have ? The Tomahawk ?
Yes it is the Tomahawk, I originally had the Meg but sent it back and swopped it for the Tomahawk Mag simply because the Meg had no display ports although it is a better looking board with a few more features. BTW the Gigabyte Z590 is an abortion of a board IMHO hence the reason the MSI Z490 is my daily driver and go to rig.

Yes it is the Tomahawk
Are you using a tenth gen CPU with it ? Do you have everything working ? UHD 630, both LAN ports and all USB ports ?

Are you using a tenth gen CPU with it ? Do you have everything working ? UHD 630, both LAN ports and all USB ports ?
Yes 10th Gen Intel i7 CPU running Headless (Integrated and Dedicated graphics) using the 2.5gb LAN port. All Apple services working including the new ones introduced in Ventura.

Attached is my EFI Folder, I removed personal data from the config.plist plus the Resources Folder to lighten the upload.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Please note that this can only be done in Catalina; USBInjectAll.kext cannot be used in Ventura.

No problem, although it looks as if "esafeddie" has covered you on this. But if you still want it, here is mine (less Generic info).
Many thanks to both of you! I will use both your EFI's for inspiration. So far I am struggling, perhaps something with BIOS setting that I overlooked, I don't know so far.
However, I have decided to first install Windows, to dump DSDT and generate an USB map. I will gather a USB stick from scratch, but still very happy to have yours for reference and inspiration. My appreciation to both of you!!

Many thanks to both of you! I will use both your EFI's for inspiration. So far I am struggling, perhaps something with BIOS setting that I overlooked, I don't know so far.
However, I have decided to first install Windows, to dump DSDT and generate an USB map. I will gather a USB stick from scratch, but still very happy to have yours for reference and inspiration. My appreciation to both of you!!
Hi, it is important that the CFG Lock Setting in the BIOS is also reflected in the config.plist, i.e the setting can be toggled on/off. The best setting is to set it to off in the BIOS and then the setting in your config.plist would be as the attached. Obviously if this setting cannot be set to unlock, then the setting in the config.plist should be set to Yes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 10.48.41.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 10.48.41.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi, it is important that the CFG Lock Setting in the BIOS is also reflected in the config.plist, i.e the setting can be toggled on/off. The best setting is to set it to off in the BIOS and then then setting in your config.plist would be as the attached. Obviously if this setting cannot be set to unlock, then the setting in the config.plist should be set to Yes.
many thanks! I will keep on improving, hope to have it running soon. Meanwhile on Windows (installed for that) I have generated DSDT's and USB portmap. This machine was still running Catalina with Clover r5119. Never dared to make the switch to opencore before.

I am struggling with Bluetooth, but this is a known issue.
What Card are you using? The inbuilt Card can be made operational with a few kexts but even then the connection is flaky and not reliable. It's best to install a compatible card and be done, glad you're up and running at last.

Back