Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

@esafeddie
thank you for the last EFI.
With this one I was able to update from Clover/Catalina (iMac19,1) directly to OC/Monterey (iMacPro1,1) without any problems.
I delayed an update for a long time because I got along excellently with Clover and OC was a closed book for me.

Only the USB ports did not work properly.
But thanks to @UtterDisbelief and his "The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration" I was able to create a new USB map and all ports now work either in USB 3 or USB 2 mode.

Attachments

• 1021096465_AorusZ370ProMainboardcopy.png.829d3646ffaf314ac98b9af695cbf382.png
    1021096465_AorusZ370ProMainboardcopy.png.829d3646ffaf314ac98b9af695cbf382.png
    134 KB · Views: 41
  • AorusZ390Port.png.227503cb405ad08ef4638c287e9ca7f5.png
    AorusZ390Port.png.227503cb405ad08ef4638c287e9ca7f5.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 41
So, next steps:
I updated to OC 0.8.2 without problems.
Then I saw the post ** Intel WiFi and Bluetooth Now Working in Monterey and Ventura ** and added the kexts described there to my installation.
Now Wifi and Bluetooth work native.
But instead, the previously working speaker outputs are no longer available.
For this I am currently looking for a solution.

On-board wifi, bluetooth and speaker outputs are all working now:
After a little trial and error (I'm not a programmer, but testing around on the off chance;-) ) the following worked:
Removed AppleALCU.kext from the kexts and changed the order of the texts in OCC.
That's it. Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• 220802_order-of-kexts.jpg
    220802_order-of-kexts.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 49
On-board wifi, bluetooth and speaker outputs are all working now:
After a little trial and error (I'm not a programmer, but testing around on the off chance;-) ) the following worked:
Removed AppleALCU.kext from the kexts and changed the order of the texts in OCC.
That's it. Hope it helps someone.
Hi!
Can you share your EFI?

@achimo2222,

I noticed your EFI folder uses 85.4 Mbytes of storage space and I was shocked, since mine uses 9.3 Mbytes. Had to look inside your folder. FYI, I found this:

1. Your EFI/OC/Resources/Image folder contains 53.7 Mbytes. Why don't you pick your favorite images and delete the rest? For instance, the "Acidanthera" folder occupies only 3.8 Mbytes for four different icon sets. And since you seem to have picked "Acidanthera/FlatMonterey," why not keep just the "Acidanthera" folder?
2. The OpenCore Guide specifically instructs to not include "DSDT.aml" in the EFI/OC/ACPI folder, yet there it is. The ACPI folder should contain the specific files for a Coffeelake motherboard, as listed in the guide. And those are missing.
3. In EFI/OC/Kexts, there are kexts for both a Broadcom Bluetooth/WIFI card and an Intel card. Does your computer have both? Also, my Z390 I Aorus Pro ("Mini-ITX 4" below and at left) does not need "RestrictEvents.kext" or ""XHCI-unsupported.kext" to run Mojave 10.14.6. Are these required in Monterey/Ventura?
4. In EFI/config.plist/NVRAM/Add/3rd item/csr-active-config, the value is FF0F0000 which disables SIP. Did you intend that?
5. In EFI/config.plist/Platforminfo, you have "UseRawUuidEncoding" value set to YES. The openCore guide says that should be NO (for Coffeelake).
6. In EFI/config.plist/UEFI/ProtocolOverrides you have "FirmwareVolume" value set to NO; OpenCore Guide says it should be YES.
7. In EFI/config.plist/UEFI/Quirks you have "ForceOCWriteFlash" value at YES; OpenCore Guide says NO. Also you have "ReleaseUsbOwnership" value at YES; OpenCore guide says NO.

Apparently the above is all working for you. Congratulations! I am amazed!

Last edited:
@wstrohm,

thank you very much for the professional review of my EFI folder and the detailed explanations about it.
There you can see the differences between a professional like you and an amateur like me.
Basically, I knitted my EFI folder together according to various instructions from the forum without knowing exactly what I was doing. The only measure for me was: runs or doesn't run.

I am a graphic designer, the computer is my tool, my technical understanding may be good from long experience, but I am not a programmer.

But I also think that there are some people like me, who feel the same way and are therefore glad if there are people like you, who have a deep understanding in this matter.

So from that point of view, thank you once again.
As soon as I have the time, I will implement your recommendations and also gladly report about it.

thank you very much for the professional review of my EFI folder...
Hey, I'm an amateur like you, except that I've been following tonymacx86.com since 2014. Anything I've learned is due to a lot of help from this site and also from trial-and-error. Keep reading all the material here and you will easily pass me! The real experts are the staff (administrators and moderators) and long-time/long-gone contributors like "Rehabman" and "Toleda." But, thanks for the kind words!

So, I did something today!! Just purchased a Mac Studio. After over 10 years using Hackintosh I figured it was time to get the real thing. I guess this old system will become a Windows 11 PC!!
Hi Bro I see you opted for the easy way out!!! :) Enjoy.

Back