Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Nice GUI!!!!
:thumbup: In EFI/OC/Resources/Image, there are three folders and in Blackosx and Chris111 are sub folders with more Icon sets that can be changed as the mood takes you, all it takes is an entry change in the config.plist, save and a reboot and you will have a new GUI at the Boot Menu. See attached showing the entry in the config.plist with two different apps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 22.10.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 22.10.24.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 22.12.45.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 22.12.45.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 90
:thumbup: In EFI/OC/Resources/Image, there are three folders and in Blackosx and Chris111 are sub folders with more Icon sets that can be changed as the mood takes you, all it takes is an entry change in the config.plist, save and a reboot and you will have a new GUI at the Boot Menu. See attached showing the entry in the config.plist with two different apps.
Just installed a brand new 850watt PS, still having issues with the front USB port, saying there isn't enough power?!?! Strange.

Ok - Apple has changed how the USB layout and how the various ports are powered so previous USB mapping that worked in Catalina and Mojave is now some what flaky. I would suggest if your using the EFI Folder I posted, insure the setting XhciPortLimit is set to false (see attached), this next step is very important, you must reboot and clean the NvRAM at least twice before booting to the Desk Top and then try the front ports again.

If that does not work, try the opposite and set the XhciPortLimit as true, reboot and again clean the NvRAM as before.
I don't see why the first step wouldn't work as your specs are near enough identical to my own. I have shown how XhciPortLimit setting is set on my machine and I have front ports working on both USB 2.0 and 3.0 Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 13.51.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 13.51.32.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 13.53.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 13.53.39.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 72
Ok - Apple has changed how the USB layout and how the various ports are powered so previous USB mapping that worked in Catalina and Mojave is now some what flaky. I would suggest if your using the EFI Folder I posted, insure the setting XhciPortLimit is set to false (see attached), this next step is very important, you must reboot and clean the NvRAM at least twice before booting to the Desk Top and then try the front ports again.

If that does not work, try the opposite and set the XhciPortLimit as true, reboot and again clean the NvRAM as before.
I don't see why the first step wouldn't work as your specs are near enough identical to my own. I have shown how XhciPortLimit setting is set on my machine and I have front ports working on both USB 2.0 and 3.0 Good luck.

Nope, same thing. Bios setting maybe? Strange, had no issues before BigSur.

Nope, same thing. Bios setting maybe? Strange, had no issues before BigSur.
Yea check you're running latest BIOS version, also compare your settings with the list below.

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F12k & F12j Pro Wifi)

Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
• Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
• Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled
• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled If Using SMBios 1,1)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled (Z390 Pro Wifi Only)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup

Hello folks,

I'm curious if I should be concerned about upgrading to Big Sur with my AOURUS Pro WIFI hackintosh? My system is at BIOS F12k with similar settings and older kexts to esafeddie on OpenCore from 2020 and running well with Catalina except for DRM not working. I use hardwired ethernet, a SATA SSD and enough working USB ports to plug in wired keyboard and mouse.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Attachments

• sys.png
    sys.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 64
  • EFI.working 11July2021 copy.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
Hello folks,

I'm curious if I should be concerned about upgrading to Big Sur with my AOURUS Pro WIFI hackintosh? My system is at BIOS F12k with similar settings and older kexts to esafeddie on OpenCore from 2020 and running well with Catalina except for DRM not working. I use hardwired ethernet, a SATA SSD and enough working USB ports to plug in wired keyboard and mouse.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
I don't see any reason not to upgrade to BS or even Monterey. The essential thing to do is to insure all your kexts are the very latest as well as the latest OC version (0.7.1) and you should be good to go. As a preventative measure, you could try all this on a test USB Drive for the updated EFI and a test/spare Drive for the installation leaving your daily usage Drive intact incase of upgrade anomalies along the way.

Esafeddie,

Thanks :) I'll follow your guidance including the USB drive. I will check the latest OC guide and update info to iMacPro1,1 so maybe I can get DRM to work. Per an earlier recommendation of your I ran OCAuxiliaryTools on my old config and the validation shows lots of errors, 53 :/ If I have to get those all corrected it might be a bit before I get back here to post results.

Thanks again,

-Fredlock

Esafeddie,

Thanks :) I'll follow your guidance including the USB drive. I will check the latest OC guide and update info to iMacPro1,1 so maybe I can get DRM to work. Per an earlier recommendation of your I ran OCAuxiliaryTools on my old config and the validation shows lots of errors, 53 :/ If I have to get those all corrected it might be a bit before I get back here to post results.

Thanks again,

-Fredlock
These errors are generated when new entries are added or obsolete entries are omitted in new OC released versions but are still showing or missing in your current config.plist compared to the updated version. Even though your present OC version is running relatively ok or to your satisfaction, one should always try to apply new versions when released as they contain many improvements.

Thanks again. I'll work at keeping OC up to date. In your opinion would the HackinDROM application be a good way to do that. It appears to simplify the process which makes it attractive :)

Back