Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

What do you mean unlocked? Bios is F12k and so far Catalina and Clover have been running flawlessly.
What our friend is talking about is this, if the CFG setting in the BIOS (see attached) is locked or unlocked, the setting in the config.plist must reflect the same setting, if not the p/c will throw up a panic at boot.

Attachments

• tempImagebmqgbL.png
    tempImagebmqgbL.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 00.39.04.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 00.39.04.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 46
What our friend is talking about is this, if the CFG setting in the BIOS (see attached) is locked or unlocked, the setting in the config.plist must reflect the same setting, if not the p/c will throw up a panic at boot.

THAT'S what it was!!!! Thank you, it's working! First I'll tune it for Catalina, and then I'll attempt a Big Sur install.

Many thanks.

EDIT: Still borked, even though it now loads.

Last edited:
Looks like I celebrated a bit too early. Now the system boots in Catalina, but there is still an issue.

- With Clover I was using itwlm.kext + Heliport app for WiFi.
- itwlm does not seem to be working with OC and Catalina.
- I thought it might conflict with AirportBrcmFixup.kext which I removed, and OC would NOT boot anymore.
- So I removed it and Heliport app and tried the Catalina version ov Airportitwlm.kext but didnt work.
- Just like with Clover, intel bluetooth drivers won't work.

And also,

The Mac Sur USB boot disk loads perfectly, but when I choose my SSD to install it, it loops back to the start. When I am in Catalina and launch the Big Sur installer, it crashes at the same point.

You have board unlocked? and double check your bios setting. What Bios version you using?
I managed to boot, thanks for your help so far. Any way to get WiFi and BT to work in Catalina? I also have a problem installing BigSur but let's solve one issue at a time.

UPDATE:
- WiFi works through Airportitwlm. I had to enter it also in the config.plist of OpenCore.
- Bluetooth still doesn't work. Tried to enter both kexts details in config.plist but alas to no avail.

- Still unable to install Big Sur. USB Installer loads flawlessly and then loops after I select the drive. On Catalina desktop installer it crashes after I select the drive.

Any idea?

Ok as it stands right now, remove your personal data and post your current config.plist lets see if there are any misaligned entries.
Sure, thanks. Here it is.

Attachments

• config.plist
    19.7 KB · Views: 49
Hi - didn't spot anything major wrong with the config.plist but I made two changes. Don't know if it will make a difference, in the UEFI/AppleInput/InitialDelay entry should be 50 but you had 0. Also I added AudioDxe.efi Driver so you will need to add the Driver (attached) to the Drivers Folder. This enables the Boot Chime at start up like a real Mac but you can always turn the feature off if you don't want it.

When you load this amended config.plist, reboot and clean the NVRAM, this is very much a required exercise to remove remnant settings from the memory. Good luck.
PS - Remember to replace your machine's data to the config. plist before loading.

Attachments

• AudioDxe.efi
    88 KB · Views: 41
  • config.plist
    19.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 16.21.26.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 16.21.26.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 16.36.01.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 16.36.01.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 36
Hi - didn't spot anything major wrong with the config.plist but I made two changes. Don't know if it will make a difference, in the UEFI/AppleInput/InitialDelay entry should be 50 but you had 0. Also I added AudioDxe.efi Driver so you will need to add the Driver (attached) to the Drivers Folder. This enables the Boot Chime at start up like a real Mac but you can always turn the feature off if you don't want it.

When you load this amended config.plist, reboot and clean the NVRAM, this is very much a required exercise to remove remnant settings from the memory. Good luck.
PS - Remember to replace your machine's data to the config. plist before loading.
Thank you for the edits.
Unfortunately they did not solve my issues:

- Bluetooth not available despite having both kexts loaded and configured in plist
- Big Sur USB installer looping after the selection of the drive or closing abruptly in the Catalina installer.

I suspect these two might be MacOS issues, esp the BS installer. Any idea?

Back