Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

If you're going to try my EFI, you need to do the following:

Delete everything in config.plist > DeviceProperties > Add except for the audio device.
Disable my USB ports kext in config.plist.
Enable XhciPortLimit in config.plist > Kernel > Quirks.

Not to barge in and move you away from pastrychef's advice, but try my EFI Folder, you have the same board with latest BIOS (make sure CFG is unlocked in BIOS) and near enough same CPU and Graphics.
Everything works in this Folder, iMessage, App Store, Apple TV, all Apple Services, Boot Chime and Audio Assist which you can turn off or on.

On the operating side, Sleep/Wake, USB ports all done also if you have Mojave or Catalina on line or by Hot Plugged, this EFI will boot them also. This is the 0.6.4 OC version with all latest kexts. Please note this is configured for the iMac Pro1.1 which is easier to configure for Apple TV. I have removed my personal data from the config.plist so you will have to inject your own from your current one.

I strongly suggest you try the Folder on a test USB Drive, clean your NVRAM and boot off the USB Drive before committing it to your main drive. Let me know how it goes or if you need any further help. Good luck.

@HackintoshFanN99 - Sorry No.

Thank you both for the help! I got it running few days ago and eddie your EFI worked straight out of the box and its been running pretty solid.

pastrychef, your z390 thread helped a lot on breaking down a straight forward explanation on open core which helped comparing what I been doing wrong.

So far only minor issue is the board RGB and the NZXT fans RGB configuration resets on shutdown or restart but the NZXT AIO settings still fine. I log back onto windows they're fine. Is this is a usb mapping issue? I had these working fine when I had mojave with clover but I don't recall what I did.

So far only minor issue is the board RGB and the NZXT fans RGB configuration resets on shutdown or restart but the NZXT AIO settings still fine. I log back onto windows they're fine. Is this is a usb mapping issue? I had these working fine when I had mojave with clover but I don't recall what I did.

That’s not a problem. Unfortunately that’s normal. There’s nothing to remember the fans rgb setting on reboot.

Thank you both for the help! I got it running few days ago and eddie your EFI worked straight out of the box and its been running pretty solid.

pastrychef, your z390 thread helped a lot on breaking down a straight forward explanation on open core which helped comparing what I been doing wrong.

Sorry. I have no idea about the RGB. I'm old school and I don't have any RGB anything...

@fusionspill - Hi so you like a bit of bling :) the RGB light variations on this version board is controlled on Windows side (dual booting) as there isn't an OS X version. In the BIOS you can tailor how you want the RGB function in a very limited way i.e Off/On in sleep or shutdown.

To get full function, you need Gigabyte's latest version RGB control centre where you can control and edit how it behaves but again like I said it is only for windows. My RGB settings are done on Windows and are still maintained when I switch over to BS no matter if a cold boot or not.
Hope this helps.

PS - I also have the NZXT CPU cooler with the fancy bling RGB, unfortunately this too is controlled on Windows but the settings are maintained in BS.

Hey @esafeddie ! I am using your old EFI folder with the manual CFG lock patch from months past. Everyting has been running great. I'd love to move into your new EFI folder (should I even do that?) - I tried it as is and I get a security error on booting into MacOS. I see I need to use the latest bios "F12j" correct? and what are the correct settings for bios other than unlocking CFG? I'll scope out the earlier posts as well. Thanks for your help!!

Last edited:
Hey @esafeddie ! I am using your old EFI folder with the manual CFG lock patch from months past. Everyting has been running great. I'd love to move into your new EFI folder (should I even do that?) - I tried it as is and I get a security error on booting into MacOS. I see I need to use the latest bios "F12j" correct? and what are the correct settings for bios other than unlocking CFG? I'll scope out the earlier posts as well. Thanks for your help!!
You definitely need to update the BIOS version to F12j which has the easy CGF lock/unlock setting. Apart from that change, the rest of the settings are pretty much the same as before. Just incase, Enable 4G as well as VT-x and you should be good to go.

Here is my EFI Folder in it's entirety minus personal data also BIOS pics of CFG lock/unlock.
I am using iMacPro1,1 Mac model as I do not have integrated graphics which serves well to enable Apple TV+ but with your CPU, iMac 19,1 would be better suited. The EFI Folder will still be fine for you with the appropriate changes in the config.plist - Good luck.

Attachments

• tempImage9OC856.png
    tempImage9OC856.png
    12.7 MB · Views: 55
  • tempImagejnXtro.png
    tempImagejnXtro.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 50
  • MY-EFI.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 64
You definitely need to update the BIOS version to F12j which has the easy CGF lock/unlock setting. Apart from that change, the rest of the settings are pretty much the same as before. Just incase, Enable 4G as well as VT-x and you should be good to go.

Here is my EFI Folder in it's entirety minus personal data also BIOS pics of CFG lock/unlock.
I am using iMacPro1,1 Mac model as I do not have integrated graphics which serves well to enable Apple TV+ but with your CPU, iMac 19,1 would be better suited. The EFI Folder will still be fine for you with the appropriate changes in the config.plist - Good luck.
You having issues with Propertree? Or you using something else?

You having issues with Propertree? Or you using something else?
If the question is directed my way I do use Propertree and no I don't have any problems with it at all, as a matter of fact I used it today to update my OC EFI Folder and booted first off as usual no problem.

If the question is directed my way I do use Propertree and no I don't have any problems with it at all, as a matter of fact I used it today to update my OC EFI Folder and booted first off as usual no problem.
Crap. I can't get it working at all. Crashes on me.

Crap. I can't get it working at all. Crashes on me.
Are you using the one from GitHub? Which is the one I use by the way.

PS Here you are - delete the example you have and build it with the Propertree.command script in the attached folder and you should have this Launch Icon (attached pic).

Attachments

• ProperTree-master.zip
    327.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 01.10.20.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 01.10.20.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back