Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

uploaded, the config file was compressed using OSX. thanks.

uploaded, the config file was compressed using OSX. thanks.
I don't know what editor you used to configure your config.plist but it will not open without an error. Have a look at my Post 364 and try the EFI Folder attached which should get you up and running. If you have any problems with it, I can help to get over them. Good luck.

I don't know what editor you used to configure your config.plist but it will not open without an error. Have a look at my Post 364 and try the EFI Folder attached which should get you up and running. If you have any problems with it, I can help to get over them. Good luck.
@growl92: I can confirm that these EFI files (Post 364), will work out of the box. Nevertheless, I encourage you to make an EFI folder yourself, but this is easier from a running system using @esafeddie or @wstrohm's files (also posted above). That's what I did also. Meanwhile, I took OpenCore from scratch, compiled SSDTs, made a custom USBMap and got the onboard BT to work. However, I am just up and running for a few days, so my files are less clean and robust than theirs.

@growl92: I can confirm that these EFI files (Post 364), will work out of the box. Nevertheless, I encourage you to make an EFI folder yourself, but this is easier from a running system using @esafeddie or @wstrohm's files (also posted above). That's what I did also. Meanwhile, I took OpenCore from scratch, compiled SSDTs, made a custom USBMap and got the onboard BT to work. However, I am just up and running for a few days, so my files are less clean and robust than theirs.
Well I tried loading it, it boots to OC picker then to the black screen with white Apple then freezes. Thoughts? Thanks again.

Well I tried loading it, it boots to OC picker then to the black screen with white Apple then freezes. Thoughts? Thanks again.
You could try debugging in OC (see Dortania's guide). I had similar issues, in my case it was a USBMap.kext or (USBPorts.kext, don't know how you named it) problem. In my USBMap, there was a reference to "XHC" (made in Windows with USBToolmap), but it should be iMac19,1-XHC. This caused the same behavior at boot (freeze/hang at logo). However, the reason it happens to you could be different. Did you also try @wshtrom's EFI folder? Just copy it and change MLB,SystemSerial and SystemUUID. You did change that with this first attempt, right? Use Dortania's Guide, we cannot use the same serials, etc. So the guys handing you their EFI files have blanked these fields.
Schermafbeelding 2022-12-05 om 09.07.15.png

EDIT: my EFI attached. But I recommend theirs, as I am just up and running. Please note that you should change the serial, etc. in config.plist, I wrote "yours here" in the file. See also the Readme: I chose to disable 2 USB ports at the back panel. My EFI has the onboard Bluetooth enabled; requires enabling of WiFi in the BIOS. You should not combine this with any add-on BT/WiFi cards

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.9 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
you need to check this section:

Code:
<dict>
        <key>Quirks</key>
    </dict>

should be:
Code:
<key>Quirks</key>
        <dict>

also run:
plutil <drag config.plit here>
in terminal, it will tell you what line your errors are

still getting black background and white logo, used eddies efi, enabled debug logging. attached is what it gives me. I even redownloaded/remade the install usb ventura 13.0.1, ran xml checker, plutil both no errors. how long does it take to get to the apple loading screen by usb?

Attachments

• opencore-2022-12-05-225749.txt
    256 KB · Views: 24
Back