Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Thank you for the edits.
Unfortunately they did not solve my issues:

- Bluetooth not available despite having both kexts loaded and configured in plist
- Big Sur USB installer looping after the selection of the drive or closing abruptly in the Catalina installer.

I suspect these two might be MacOS issues, esp the BS installer. Any idea?

How are you disabling the 3080 ?

If I understand your post, you've successfully install BS, am I correct? If Bluetooth is the last problem you have then that glitch will be entirely down to correct port mapping, that is if you have a Mac compatible B/T card installed.

Turns out I didn't have to. I am now on Big Sur without any additional SSDT to ignore the Nvidia card.

Only Bluetooth left.
If I understand your post, you've successfully install BS, am I correct? If Bluetooth is the last problem you have then that glitch will be entirely down to correct port mapping, that is if you have a Mac compatible B/T card installed.

I've probably missed something here, but there was no USBMap.kext in the EFI folder. Has it been installed elsewhere? If so, why? ... If not then that explains why BT isn't working.

Also, just out of interest - no SSID in itlwm.kext. Whats more itlwm.kext is in the kext folder but Airportitlwm.kext is declared in config.plist. o_O

And just a point - BCM wireless still being declared in config.plist (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x7)/Pci(0x0,0x0))

But as I said, I've probably missed a post or two somewhere ... :)

I've probably missed something here, but there was no USBMap.kext in the EFI folder. Has it been installed elsewhere? If so, why? ... If not then that explains why BT isn't working.

Also, just out of interest - no SSID in itlwm.kext. Whats more itlwm.kext is in the kext folder but Airportitlwm.kext is declared in config.plist. o_O

And just a point - BCM wireless still being declared in config.plist (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x7)/Pci(0x0,0x0))

Hi,
Indeed no USBMap.kext.... Do I need to configure it, or just install it?

I'm using Airportitwlm.kext. I installed it at a later stage to when I originally posted my EFI folder.

I'll remove the BCM entry in the config list. I'm using someone else's after all.

Just checked. There was USBMap.kext. Anyway I created a new one, removed the BCM entry in the plist, and...

Bluetooth is still not working.

Here's my updated EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.2 MB · Views: 59
Just checked. There was USBMap.kext. Anyway I created a new one, removed the BCM entry in the plist, and...

Bluetooth is still not working.

Here's my updated EFI.

Okay...

I'm not an expert on USBMap.kext by CorpNewt but I see two things here:

1) No port is set as "Internal" i.e 255 or 0xff. That would be the correct setting for the Bluetooth port to disable port-polling which interrupts sleep.

2) Port SS03 looks "mangled". I would re-check it. Why REM out the port?

Okay...

I'm not an expert on USBMap.kext by CorpNewt but I see two things here:

1) No port is set as "Internal" i.e 255 or 0xff. That would be the correct setting for the Bluetooth port to disable port-polling which interrupts sleep.

2) Port SS03 looks "mangled". I would re-check it. Why REM out the port?
You are expert enough to see what's wrong in there. I have no idea. Could you help me to get things right?

You are expert enough to see what's wrong in there. I have no idea. Could you help me to get things right?

I would configure USB ports using Hackintool. If you run it, it will display the ones it can see in the USB tab.

(Currently there is a big pitfall around the usual method of port discovery ...

If you are using Big Sur 11.3 or later there is a known-problem with the XhciPortLimit patch so if you have that enabled - and use USBInjectAll.kext to expose all available USB ports - you may find that the result is totally non-functioning USB ports. Hopefully the OpenCore team are working on this ...)

Normally, your Bluetooth device would be showing on a USB2 internal header.

To give you an example of itlwm.kext and Intel Bluetooth in action, here is my USB2-only display from Hackintool:

USB.jpg
Mouse-click on it if you need a closer look.

My BT USB is attached to HS14. Now normally you would see a more helpful label given to it, but Intel BT is exposed as IOUSBHostDevice.

In my example USB3 has been excluded so you can see what a USB2-only selection might look like. USBInjectAll.kext without the XhciPortLimit patch - indeed even without USBInjectAll.kext as well - will show only the first 14 XHCI ports.

You can see here I've changed the port "Connector" to Internal. This is a setting you need.

In your own USB configuration SS03 needs allocating. I'm not familiar with USBMap and what REM'ing out a port is meant to achieve. I would configure it like any other port. Removing it from a configuration if it was not required.

Last edited:
You and I have the same board try this USB.Kext in the kext folder it may solve your problem. Don't forget to also make sure the entry in the config.plist also reflects the same named kext as shown. After making the changes, clean NVRAM and reboot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 23.56.31.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 23.56.31.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 48
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 54
Back