Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Ok let me work on a fresh EFI Folder for you.
Just insure your BIOS Settings are correct, particularly CFG Lock is Disabled.
You were right, the CFG Lock was enabled.

You were right, the CFG Lock was enabled.
That will cause your install not to boot if that setting does not correspond with the entry in the config.plist.
Now you have a choice to try the updated EFI Folder of previous and the last one posted after.
Both should work after you Disable CFG in the BIOS and save the setting.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 18.52.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 18.52.40.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 26
That will cause your install not to boot if that setting does not correspond with the entry in the config.plist.
Now you have a choice to try the updated EFI Folder of previous and the last one posted after.
Both should work after you Disable CFG in the BIOS and save the setting.
The previous one works well, thanks a lot for the help.
Once I've used FakeSMC kexts to monitor system temperature and so on.
Can I use them with OpenCore?

Once I've used FakeSMC kexts to monitor system temperature and so on.
Can I use them with OpenCore?
No you cannot if you're referring to the ones you used with Clover. I personally use 'iStat Menus' from the App Store to monitor my system.

So!!! I have been out of the game for a year now since I purchased a Mac Studio. But going to change back my Z390 to MacOS again, maybe dual boot with windows. God I truly hate Windows... SO MUCH!!!!
So, what are the TEXT files and EFI files right now? Possible to go to MacOS 14? Too many friggin forms to read

So!!! I have been out of the game for a year now since I purchased a Mac Studio. But going to change back my Z390 to MacOS again, maybe dual boot with windows. God I truly hate Windows... SO MUCH!!!!
So, what are the TEXT files and EFI files right now? Possible to go to MacOS 14? Too many friggin forms to read
Hi, as you've been away from the Hack scene for some time, your best bet is to get the latest released Ventura version. I recommend this because although Apple has released Sonoma, they have dropped support for the Broadcom Cards so consequently WiFi you'll be without a lot of the Apple Features that are available in Ventura i.e Continuity, Airdrop etc.

Although these features are now possible with the aid of OCLP patching that restores WiFi, it is another learning curve and one needs to do a bit of reading to fully understand what has to be done to achieve fully functioning WiFi.
With this OCLP patch in place, you need to revert the patch every time to update to new versions, SIP must remain partially or completely Disabled as long as the patch is in place.

So you see Sonoma although do-able, is not too Hack friendly compared to past versions.
If or when you decide you're up for the challenge, I am sure members will offer good guidance and tips.
Good luck.

Back