CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I succesfuly managed to upgrade to Big Sur (using openCore 0.63), straight from Catalina through App Store. I'm using a iMac 19,1 SMBIOS and I m having issues with AppleTV+ (not playing).
I used the suggested shikigva=80 hack, witch worked ok with Catalina but now nothing. Is anyone else having the same issue? is there any solution?
Im also experiencing some weird problems with multi boot. I used open core boot loader to boot into my windows SSD and all worked ok. Unfortunately I can't do that now, it starts loading windows and after 2-3 seconds it reboots. Im using different SSD's for windows and Osx. I also had this problem when I tried to install Big Sur, after the first reboot, openCore picked up the right volume to update, only to reboot imidiatelly and thus falling into a loop. I had to use my original Catalina usb (OpenCore) installer just to boot into Big Sur installer, after that everything worked. but as I said so, I can't boot into windows anymore.
Is anyone having the same issues? Any suggestion?

Thanks for replying, it’s not truly the case since with smbios iMacPro 1.1 (maybe at hers too) drm is working. But I don’t want to use a smbios not compatible with my cpu (although I don’t really now If it would be a problem using an smbios not so close with your system). I hope there will be a fix soon.
Anything about my windows boot problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back