Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Clevo (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
I am trying to install Catalina on a Dell G5 5587. I followed the opencore guide and modified the config.plst for coffee lake but cannot reach the installer. The photo below shows how far it gets before the laptop restarts.
20220328_000522.jpg

I have attached the EFI folder although the only modification is the config.plst.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
thy this if you like

Attachments

• OpenCore_EFI-For-DELL-G5-5587-main.zip
    54 MB · Views: 83
Thanks, that EFI got me to the installer. Unfortunately after the installer downloads, the laptop reboots and the installer restarts instead of continuing and downloads the OS again in a loop. Did you have an issue like this?

Thanks, that EFI got me to the installer. Unfortunately after the installer downloads, the laptop reboots and the installer restarts instead of continuing and downloads the OS again in a loop. Did you have an issue like this?
Once you gotten into the installer, did you fully format your internal drive as APFS format? As if not it may have trouble recognising the volume (hence booting you out of the installer after it reboots).

Once you gotten into the installer, did you fully format your internal drive as APFS format? As if not it may have trouble recognising the volume (hence booting you out of the installer after it reboots).
Yes, and it appears the downloaded OS is there as there is over 8GB used.
20220331_223000.jpg

Opencore only sees the USB installer as well, I assume there should be a new boot option at this stage if I remember correctly?
20220331_223654.jpg

Yes, and it appears the downloaded OS is there as there is over 8GB used.
View attachment 545236
Opencore only sees the USB installer as well, I assume there should be a new boot option at this stage if I remember correctly?
View attachment 545237
Hmm I'm thinking maybe you need to reformat your hard drive? Reason being, it could be set to MBR format instead of GUID format using APFS? That may be the reason why it's not showing up. But I should also add, if your installer is working properly, the system rebooting around 2-3 times is quite normal as it upgrades in sections. If it doesn't show up with anything other than the black screen and timer bar then you may have a problem.

However looking at your earlier screenshot, it seems your problem also stems from an ACPI build (ACPI Error). If I'm not mistaken it seems to point to a dGPU? I guess you are trying to disable the dGPU? If that is the case I'd suggest to look at the ACPI path of the dGPU of your current system. If you run Windows it should show up under the Windows Device Manager Properties. The guide to finding it is here > https://dortania.github.io/Getting-...disable.html#finding-the-acpi-path-of-the-gpu

If it also helps I have found a working build here online for your laptop for Catalina which you could use. > https://github.com/0x7FFF/Hackintosh-Dell-15-G5587

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-01 um 02.28.40.png

you need to set at apfs. mindate and minVersion to -1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back