Graphics
R9 280
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all,

Seeking some advice. Haven't upgraded my OC since 0.7.0 odd and now wanting to move to 0.8.x and having a very hard time.

Any advice on simplifying the process as I've spent a day trying to get a valid Big Sur OC config.plist from the previously original working version.

Am I just trying to skip to many OC upgrades?

Hello all,

Seeking some advice. Haven't upgraded my OC since 0.7.0 odd and now wanting to move to 0.8.x and having a very hard time.

Any advice on simplifying the process as I've spent a day trying to get a valid Big Sur OC config.plist from the previously original working version.

Am I just trying to skip to many OC upgrades?
should be fine to update from any version to a newer version

you will have a lot of config.plist edits to do though

some use opencore configurator to do the hard work for them, may come in handy in your case

Thanks @Feartech ... I'm thinking the years between is part of the operator failure. Will have another attempt tomorrow.

Did all manually will utilize configurator tomorrow.
also with later versions of opencore and older versions of macOS, you will need to set MinVersion and MinDate to -1 to be able to boot

Have gone back to manual ... I assume I remove:

Checking for values missing from working Sample:

Sample.plist -> Misc -> Debug - Missing Key: SerialInit
Sample.plist -> Misc -> Security - Missing Key: AllowToggleSip
Sample.plist -> Misc -> Security - Missing Key: AllowNvramReset
Sample.plist -> NVRAM - Missing Key: LegacyEnable
Sample.plist -> UEFI -> Audio - Missing Key: AudioOut
Sample.plist -> UEFI -> Audio - Missing Key: MinimumVolume
Sample.plist -> UEFI -> Audio - Missing Key: VolumeAmplifier

Well down from over 40 to 9 erros

Start of verification:
NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.7!
OCS: No schema for HibernateSkipsPicker at 2 index, context <Boot>!
OCS: Failed to calculate size of true field containing <empty> as type integer, context <ShowPicker>!
OCS: No schema for SerialInit at 6 index, context <Debug>!
OCS: No schema for AllowNvramReset at 0 index, context <Security>!
OCS: No schema for AllowToggleSip at 2 index, context <Security>!
OCS: No schema for LegacyEnable at 2 index, context <NVRAM>!
OCS: No schema for AudioOut at 11 index, context <Audio>!
OCS: No schema for MinimumVolume at 12 index, context <Audio>!
OCS: No schema for VolumeAmplifier at 13 index, context <Audio>!
Serialisation returns 9 errors!
UIScale is set under both NVRAM and UEFI->Output!
CheckUefi returns 1 error!
Completed validating /Volumes/Big Sur OC 0.8.7/configDRAFTpostDriversBeforeSampleDeletes.plist in 2 ms. Found 10 issues requiring attention.

Well down from over 40 to 9 erros

Start of verification:
NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.7!
OCS: No schema for HibernateSkipsPicker at 2 index, context <Boot>!
OCS: Failed to calculate size of true field containing <empty> as type integer, context <ShowPicker>!
OCS: No schema for SerialInit at 6 index, context <Debug>!
OCS: No schema for AllowNvramReset at 0 index, context <Security>!
OCS: No schema for AllowToggleSip at 2 index, context <Security>!
OCS: No schema for LegacyEnable at 2 index, context <NVRAM>!
OCS: No schema for AudioOut at 11 index, context <Audio>!
OCS: No schema for MinimumVolume at 12 index, context <Audio>!
OCS: No schema for VolumeAmplifier at 13 index, context <Audio>!
Serialisation returns 9 errors!
UIScale is set under both NVRAM and UEFI->Output!
CheckUefi returns 1 error!
Completed validating /Volumes/Big Sur OC 0.8.7/configDRAFTpostDriversBeforeSampleDeletes.plist in 2 ms. Found 10 issues requiring attention.

These errors mean that the version of OpenCore you are using is being paired with a different version config.plist. This can be caused when using OpenCore Configurator to edit the config.plist. It is important that the OpenCore Configurator version matches the OpenCore version precicely. Because OpenCore is still in beta there are frequently changes to the config structure between versions.

@UtterDisbelief I’ve gone back to a Propertree plist edit and gotten past that point. I’ve got Opencanopy picker to work and now keep getting the Apple support / Mac grey no go symbol at boot.

The only change is I did use @Feartech ‘s suggestion of the MinVersion and Mi Date to -1.

This is for a Bigsur build the hardware as listed.

Last edited:
@UtterDisbelief I’ve gone back to a Propertree plist edit and gotten past that point. I’ve got Opencanopy picker to work and now keep getting the Apple support / Mac grey no go symbol at boot.

The only change is I did use @feartechs suggestion of the MinVersion and Mi Date to -1.

This is for a Bigsur build the hardware as listed.

The "prohibited" symbol usually means that the USB port the installer is in has become deactivated during boot. This is a common problem.

Given what you've explained so far throughout the thread here are some ideas:

1) Which version of macOS were you on before trying the upgrade to Big Sur?

2) Had you created a USB configuration - USBPorts.kext for example - for the ealier version?

3) Have you changed the System-Definition from an older to newer version for Big Sur?

4) Make sure the installer is in a USB2 port. Perhaps one of the two above the eSata port on the back-panel of the Z77.

With OpenCore and since Big Sur 11.3 older USB configuration might need revisiting as Apple changed some fundamentals.

Let me know more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back