Contribute
Register

OpenCore Progress bar stuck at apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went and double-checked. You’re right, it is a Coffee Lake CPU and I guess I made a minor mistake.

However... CPU spoofing is probably the only way for him to get it working under High Sierra. Using the Kaby Lake CPUID plus iMac 18,1 SMBIOS is ironically probably the best solution for now at the moment. I know that’s how I got my Asus Z370 Prime P to work on High Sierra which had a Coffee Lake chip.
My main system (Z390 / iMacPro1,1) and second system (Z370 / iMac18,3) are both Coffee Lake systems and I don't need to use CPU spoofing to run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6 on them. I use old ordinary Clover and not OpenCore, however.

Yes sure. Just zip a copy of your EFI folder and post it here.
There is my EFI. Are these the correct settings? (Sorry for the late response, I was in school)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
You know, I think you are better off using a Clover-based version of the install for your motherboard. As I said before I had much success with my Coffee Lake build here using Clover, and everything here worked (and uses a Pascal card too) > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sung-1tb-960-evo-nvme-nvidia-gtx-1050.249402/

Not saying you can't try Opencore, but I'm certain it will take you much longer to reach a stable working setup. There was a lot of things I had to take out of OC before I could boot with my Z490 i9-based GTX1060 High Sierra setup.

You know, I think you are better off using a Clover-based version of the install for your motherboard. As I said before I had much success with my Coffee Lake build here using Clover, and everything here worked (and uses a Pascal card too) > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sung-1tb-960-evo-nvme-nvidia-gtx-1050.249402/

Not saying you can't try Opencore, but I'm certain it will take you much longer to reach a stable working setup. There was a lot of things I had to take out of OC before I could boot with my Z490 i9-based GTX1060 High Sierra setup.
I will try that! Thank you

I have followed that guide, but it's stuck at Failed getting NVRAM

Last edited:
I'm surprised - you're almost 90% there and you just want to give up? It's actually very easy to enable the NVRAM believe it or not. It's just the guide by CaseySJ is a little broad because he has to cover so many systems. In most cases you just have to use Clover Configurator, go to NVRAM on the left and make sure the NVRAM emulation store NVRAM checkbox is checked and selected for your boot drive. It will create a NVRAM.plist in the EFI partition.

In my experience, Clover is a better fit for you because there are far more High Sierra Nvidia Pascal guides for Clover than there is for Opencore High Sierra. I know because I'm probably the only one who has that working at the moment (on the i9 11900K). For your i5 chip, it may be hard to find a working OC guide for it at the moment.

But, if you really do want to try Opencore I'd then suggest you could try using the online sanity checker to check your config.plist. It can help in many cases. > http://opencore.slowgeek.com

In most cases you just have to use Clover Configurator, go to NVRAM on the left and make sure the NVRAM emulation store NVRAM checkbox is checked and selected for your boot drive. It will create a NVRAM.plist in the EFI partition.
Done that. Stuck at apfs_module_start:1279

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back