Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG B360G-Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i5 8400
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
Hi,
So this is my first time hackintoshing so please keep that in mind. So: My Hackintosh is stuck at the Apple logo. It’s the first boot (the boot into the recovery environment) and I’m using OpenCore. At first it started just fine, it displayed all the text and showed the apple logo and the progress bar. I could move the cursor too, but suddenly it just froze and the progress bar didn’t move anymore and I couldn’t move the cursor. Can anyone help me?

Edit: Update if anyone is still interested: I managed to get Big Sur installed, but didn’t get my iGPU to work. Installed High Sierra, tried to get my GTX 1070 to work. No luck. Help is still appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,481
Last edited:
Hi,
So this is my first time hackintoshing so please keep that in mind. So: My hackintosh is stuck at the apple logo. It’s the first boot (the boot into the recovery environment) and I’m using OpenCore. At first it started just fine, it displayed all the text and showed the apple logo and the progress bar. I could move the cursor too, but suddenly it just froze and the progress bar didn’t move anymore and I couldn’t move the cursor. Can anyone help me?

Hi there.

First thing to note - your GTX1070 is not compatible. You either need to disable/remove it and use the iGPU instead, or install High Sierra as the latest macOS that will support it with the Nvidia webdrivers.

:)

I am using my Intel UHD Graphics 630.
Edit: Switched to my GTX 1070.

Last edited:
Hi there.

First thing to note - your GTX1070 is not compatible. You either need to disable/remove it and use the iGPU instead, or install High Sierra as the latest macOS that will support it with the Nvidia webdrivers.

I am using my iGPU
Edit: Switched to my GTX 1070.

Last edited:
And you just put "Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070" in your profile to mislead potential helpers ?
No, I will be using my integrated graphics for MacOS. I will change my profile, I’m sorry

Hi there.

OK. So: I changed my OS to High Sierra and booted with my GTX 1070 and the bar is still stuck, but it got a little further. Gonna wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back