Contribute
Register

OpenCore not working with TL-WDN4800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have similar Skylake system with the WDN4800 and I was wondering if you are able to get OpenCore 0.6.3 working with this set up? I can boot into 2 separate drives, Big Sur & Catalina, but I cannot get WIFI to work on either OS... Without any WIFI kexts, it loads perfectly- just without Wifi.

If I load IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext, it will not let me boot into either system. (panic during apple screen).

When I boot into Catalina with Clover - I have WIFI working...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
See your signature, I have same system as you (Skylake i5 6500 HD530). Yesterday my AR9287 is not working in Big Sur, although it worked perfectly in Catalina (both Clover and OpenCore).

Today I make my wifi card work again when I try to change wifi card's id in info.plist in Artheros40 kext. I used it with HS80211Family kext.

Check those links for more detail:

Same problem guys. Need help.

Catalina 10.15.7. Downloaded kexts fron post #8 - IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext, added them to EFI/OC/kexts, then updated config.plist. And system don't boot at all.

Solved.
My solution is some other kexts.

For anyone else looking for help, this solution worked for me. I have a TL-WDN4800 (with Atheros AR9380) and am running Big Sur on OpenCore 0.6.3.

I included the HS80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext from SergeNu's post, updated the config.plist for those, and it worked to get wifi running.

I had previously tried various IO80211Family.kext options and could not get it to boot. I also tried AirportItlwm.kext, as recommend for other OpenCore wifi issues with no luck. If you've run into similar issues I'd recommend SergeNu's post in this thread.

You are right :)

I downloaded another kexts (IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext) and added them to EFI/OC/kexts, then updated config.plist.

Now WiFi works fine on OpenCore.

I have attached the kexts in attachments.
Thank you :)
how i can update config.plist ?

how i can update config.plist ?
Download kexts from attachments and Add them to EFI/OC/kexts.
Open config.plist with ProperTree app and press (Cmd+Shift+R) >> chose OC folder and save.
Restart and enjoy...

Attachments

• HS80211Family.zip
    1 MB · Views: 376
Open config.plist with ProperTree app and press (Cmd+Shift+R) >> chose OC folder and save.
Restart and enjoy...
Thank you my friend, work great now!! you have a solution and for bt ? I have the mpow bh456a adapter

Wow thanks! I have been dealing with it for 2 days, and reloading the config.plist with proper tree and cmd+shift+R made a clean .plist and worked! This thread is Gold.

hello,
i have the same wifi card and I want to make it work on Big Sur (Skylake / OC 0.7.1).
I understand that I have to copy the 2 kexts,

but what I need to edit into config.plist ?

can I use ProperTree for that or should I use another safer tool ?

Regards

Restart and enjoy...
Thanks. it worked like that.
I had an alert bc by OC was older but I clicked yes to update or something related...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back