Contribute
Register

OpenCore no boot chime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the latest OC update (0.7.6) have done something to break the chime on this codec? I never bothered trying to see if the chime worked on the previous OC version. No clue if it worked on that version.

In the guide, it says you should see these two entries in the debug logs:

06:065 00:004 OCAU: Matching PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000)... 06:070 00:005 OCAU: 1/2 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000) (5 outputs) - Success

I do not see those two entries at all. Based on that guide and from what I've seen on other people's debug logs, I should be seeing this appear. I have the debug versions of everything, so no release builds.

Could the latest OC update (0.7.6) have done something to break the chime on this codec? I never bothered trying to see if the chime worked on the previous OC version. No clue if it worked on that version.

In the guide, it says you should see these two entries in the debug logs:

06:065 00:004 OCAU: Matching PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000)... 06:070 00:005 OCAU: 1/2 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)/VenMsg(A9003FEB-D806-41DB-A491-5405FEEF46C3,00000000) (5 outputs) - Success

I do not see those two entries at all. Based on that guide and from what I've seen on other people's debug logs, I should be seeing this appear. I have the debug versions of everything, so no release builds.
this seemed to work ok for my setup:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AudioCodec</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>AudioDevice</key>
            <string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</string>
            <key>AudioOut</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>AudioSupport</key>
            <true/>
            <key>MinimumVolume</key>
            <integer>40</integer>
            <key>PlayChime</key>
            <string>Enabled</string>
            <key>ResetTrafficClass</key>
            <false/>
            <key>SetupDelay</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>VolumeAmplifier</key>
            <integer>100</integer>
        </dict>

Yeah, that don't work for me.

What does your DeviceProperties look like for the audio, or are you using the boot-arg?

Yeah, that don't work for me.

What does your DeviceProperties look like for the audio, or are you using the boot-arg?
i have no boot arguments

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,31,3</string>
                <key>alc-verbs</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                cKEAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Audio device</string>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>17</integer>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller</string>
            </dict>

Tried those settings and still nothing. It only works in the OS. Logs still show the exact same thing. I guess it just isn't compatible with my laptop for some reason.

Tried those settings and still nothing. It only works in the OS. Logs still show the exact same thing. I guess it just isn't compatible with my laptop for some reason.
I am using Monterey and have clicked the option in sound preferences "Play sound on startup" not sure if that makes a difference or not

I have that enabled as well. I'm on Big Sur though with OpenCore 0.7.6.

I have that enabled as well. I'm on Big Sur though with OpenCore 0.7.6.
try a different SetupDelay ie 500000

maybe also try VolumeAmplifier 143

No luck with those two settings either. AudioDxe.efi just doesn't detect the audio device. No clue why. It must be a compatibility issue.

Tested boot chime on my other hackintosh (an old desktop I used to use). It has the ALC1150 codec. Filled out the config to enable the chime, rebooted and it worked with barely any effort. I see things on the debug logs pertaining to audio that I just don't see on my laptop.

I don't know why OC cannot detect the codec on my laptop, it's odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back