i5-7500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed Mojave on Lenovo T450 laptop, with the tutorial "https://github.com/jsassu20/Lenovo-T450-Catalina-OpenCore" as a guide. I didn't install Catalina, because I prefer Mojave. Initially I had Mojave installed with Clover, using the similar tutorial, but there the sound worked very well. I ask the great request, if anyone can help me solve this problem?

Because in the EFI folder in the tutorial I used, the config.plist file had no settings related to the audio system, I also analyzed the tutorial that proposed the Clover bootloader, and here were settings related to Audio, as well as an SSDT-ALC3.aml, on which I did not find in the version with OpenCore. The problem with the audio setting is that AppleALC.kext does not currently support the sound card code, ALC3232.
I recompiled SSDT-ALC3.aml and placed it in OC/ACPI, then I made the necessary change in config.plist /Kexts /Add, to add SSDT-ALC3.aml. I then added an entry in DeviceProperties/ Add/PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x1b, 0x0) -> layout-id = 32 | NUMBER, as I learned from the tutorial, but it doesn't work. I did something wrong? I also attach the EFI Folder with which I boot Mojave.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    83.9 MB · Views: 220
test with this efi, my t450 broke but i remember it worked very well with that efi, (which i modified myself) i had also changed the wifi card with a dw1820a which was very good .... i suggest you switch to macOS Catalina anyway, with that efi you can go from 14.6 to 15.1 sure ....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 90
Thanks for the help! I solved the wifi problem by buying BCM4360. But the audio problem was not solved. I have to make ALC3232 work, but it only works with clover. I have tried many times to install Catalina, but it refuses the installation, accusing it of a firmware problem. But I don't necessarily want Catalina, I would be very happy with Mojave. And I think if the sound works with Catalina, it should work with Mojave as well.

Can't really find a solution for Audio to work with Mojave and clover, but also with Opencore?

Hi,Try this, before replacing the EFI file test the patch (ALCPlugFix) with the old EFI ....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 173
SOLVED!!
Thank you for the answer you gave me!
First of all, because that EFI that you attached works as taken out of the box from the moment I copied it. You said, to check if the old EFI, where Audio didn't work, what happens if I apply ALCPlugFix and it doesn't work, to use that EFI you sent me. Now, if your solution saves me so elegantly, why check out the old EFI, applying ALCPlugFix? I will do so only if you insist. Otherwise, I will definitely go with that EFI you sent.
Secondly, thank you very much, because I have been trying for months to solve the audio problem, but I failed every time, and you solved it for me definitively and elegantly.
Thirdly, in a few days I will celebrate my 69th birthday, and this gift I received from you is a very unexpected, welcome and precious one.
Now I would like to ask you a few more questions:
1. I tried to install Catalina, and it loaded some of it, but after the first interruption (there are three interruptions in total) it did not want to continue, there is a reboot. Is it possible that this is because I only have 8GB of RAM and not 16?
2. I was left with the sequelae, in the sense that the bootloader displays that window every time I start, with Catalina's installation (I also attach a photo: macOS installer). How can I make her disappear? Can you help me? And also here, how to make the default program mojave, not windows 10

3. Could Mac OSX Snow Leopard (which I started with on this forum) be installed with OpenCore as well? I created a bootable stick, using Disk Utility, but with that OpenCore I have, I couldn't start it.

Attachments

• bootloader.png
    bootloader.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
2. I was left with the sequelae, in the sense that the bootloader displays that window every time I start, with Catalina's installation (I also attach a photo: macOS installer). How can I make her disappear? Can you help me? And also here, how to make the default program mojave, not windows 10
SOLVED!! System Preferences > Startup Disk > Mojave > Restart! And done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back