Contribute
Register

OpenCore MacOS BigSur install

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, ok. I will see if i can get it working. (side note: I only have 1 usb drive, and for some reason live ubuntu says no network card detected.

ok, just got the codec dump. sorry for taking long. Here it is.

Attachments

• CodecDump.zip
    1 KB · Views: 23
huh, it looks liek taht codec was for HDMI. how do i get the one that is my actual audio device?

Ok, redid the audio codec, now my audio device appeared. couldnt transfter whole dump, so i took a picture of the important part.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
theres a bunch of revision IDs in AppleALC github, maybe i should try once more using AppleALC. i backed up the EFI with it, so imma do that.

UPDATE: after rebooting into macOS, voodoo now works! I think I am done here, as i dont want to do any more. Maybe in the future, ill look into getting ALC to work! Dont close this thread yet, I may come back in mid october and actually to resolve it more, as i am going to now install BigSur. (audio doestnt sound bad, mic is pretty bad, luckily i wont be using built in one.

BigSur runs great! Ill be back in this thread mid October to maybe get the built in speakers fully working. see ya!

Hi there, Feartech, It's me again. So the same day that the voodoo audio started working, it also stopped. Do you think we could start resolving the issue of getting the regular audio working, not voodoo?

Hi there, Feartech, It's me again. So the same day that the voodoo audio started working, it also stopped. Do you think we could start resolving the issue of getting the regular audio working, not voodoo?
yeah sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back