Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm currently running my build with no dGPU since I returned it (hardware issues). I'm having problems to enable the iGPU on my build:

Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1 - OpenCore 0.6.3

Intel Core i7 9700K

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Crucial 32gb Ram

Samsung nvme SSD Evo 500gb

I'm attaching my EFI folder. As it is, I have video signal, I see only 7mb of video memory.

What I've done so far:

• changed the platform-id from 0A006601 to 00009B3E but I get black screen after verbose
  • deleted framebuffer-patch-enable : nothing changed
  • deleted framebuffer-stolenmem : nothing changed
Sidenote: Hackintool shows: "VDA Decoder failure"

If anybody can help me solve this issue, I'd be so thankful!! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 312
Main problem I see is you are using a Framebuffer for a Broadwell IGPU, when you have a Coffee Lake iGPU. The Broadwell HD6300 is not the same as the Coffee Lake UHD 630.

You need to use one of these Coffee Lake framebuffers.
  • Desktop:
    • 0x3EA50000 (default) - entered as - 0000A53E
    • 0x3E9B0007 (recommended) - entered as - 07009B3E
Maybe then you will have full acceleration and the correct VRAM.

You should not need the connector entries for the IGPU, only the Framebuffer-patch-enable and Framebuffer-stolenmem options.

Remove the unnecessary SSDT-USBX.dsl entry from your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder. Disassembled (.dsl) tables do not work in a bootloader folder.

You do not need XhciPortLimit=true as you have a custom USBMaps.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.

I assume you have previously reset the NVRAM, so you do not need the AllowNvramReset=true option.

Are you sure your Realtek ALC1220-VB Audio Codec needs to use alcid=16 boot argument? That seems a bit strange to me. As most desktops use Audio layout-id's between 1 and 7.

Gigabyte motherboards usually use darkwake=10 not 0.

You don't need the -wegnoegpu boot argument as you no longer have a Discrete GPU installed.

You need to set the ROM value in the PlatformInfo > Generic Section of the config for iMessage and iCloud to work correctly. The one you are currently using is just the placeholder the OC developers added.

Try the EFI Folder attached, it contains most of the items I recommend above. Not the ROM or audio fixes. But it does include the Framebuffer/IGPU fix and I have removed a number of unnecessary placeholders from the config.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 254
Main problem I see is you are using a Framebuffer for a Broadwell IGPU, when you have a Coffee Lake iGPU. The Broadwell HD6300 is not the same as the Coffee Lake UHD 630.

You need to use one of these Coffee Lake framebuffers.
  • Desktop:
    • 0x3EA50000 (default) - entered as - 0000A53E
    • 0x3E9B0007 (recommended) - entered as - 07009B3E
Maybe then you will have full acceleration and the correct VRAM.

You should not need the connector entries for the IGPU, only the Framebuffer-patch-enable and Framebuffer-stolenmem options.

Remove the unnecessary SSDT-USBX.dsl entry from your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder. Disassembled (.dsl) tables do not work in a bootloader folder.

You do not need XhciPortLimit=true as you have a custom USBMaps.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.

I assume you have previously reset the NVRAM, so you do not need the AllowNvramReset=true option.

Are you sure your Realtek ALC1220-VB Audio Codec needs to use alcid=16 boot argument? That seems a bit strange to me. As most desktops use Audio layout-id's between 1 and 7.

Gigabyte motherboards usually use darkwake=10 not 0.

You don't need the -wegnoegpu boot argument as you no longer have a Discrete GPU installed.

You need to set the ROM value in the PlatformInfo > Generic Section of the config for iMessage and iCloud to work correctly. The one you are currently using is just the placeholder the OC developers added.

Try the EFI Folder attached, it contains most of the items I recommend above. Not the ROM or audio fixes. But it does include the Framebuffer/IGPU fix and I have removed a number of unnecessary placeholders from the config.
Thanks a lot for you answer, I've been reviewing all those things you mentioned, I tried the EFI folder you attached but I got black screen after the system has loaded, I tried 07009B3E and 00009B3E but no luck. I also tried adding device-id 923E0000 but still, nothing changes, I have downloaded an EFI folder that somehow managed to get my iGPU working, it had other problems of course, but at least I get video signal and working iGPU, I'm trying to find what kind of setting am I missing from it, I'm attaching it here. Thanks a lot again!

Attachments

• EFI iGPU.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 181
Sorry, with a discrete graphics card the Headless framebuffer you should use is

0x3E910003 - entered as 0300913E

or

0x3E920003 - entered as 0300923E

So, I've tried inserting both of them in AAPL,ig-platform-id but I get this while booting and this report. Still no luck...
I'm trying to study that EFI folder which's iGPU works but still I couldn't make mine work.
Thank you again!

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 116
Post a copy of your OC folder so I can see what you are using, and just as importantly what you are not using to boot your system and end up with these issues.

You can redact your Serial Number, Board Serial Number, UUID, MLB and ROM in the config.plist, as these aren't necessary for what we are looking to resolve.

I assume you are using the iMac 19,1 SMBIOS with your IGPU and RX580 dGPU, not an iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS, which only has a dGPU.

Post a copy of your OC folder so I can see what you are using, and just as importantly what you are not using to boot your system and end up with these issues.

You can redact your Serial Number, Board Serial Number, UUID, MLB and ROM in the config.plist, as these aren't necessary for what we are looking to resolve.

I assume you are using the iMac 19,1 SMBIOS with your IGPU and RX580 dGPU, not an iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS, which only has a dGPU.
This is my current EFI folder, yes, I'm using the iMac 19,1 SMBIOS. I've used GemSMBIOS to generate those serials for my config.plist I think they're correct now.
My intention is to use this build with the iGPU for now, until I can buy a new dGPU (There's no stock currently), I'm planning to get a RX 5700 XT. I guess that when I do, I'll need to use the iGPU in headless mode, I'm reading some articles to learn how to do that
Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
Did you create the SSDT-HPET, SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-PMC with Corpnewt's SSDTTime script or are they generic SSDT's, i.e. not created from your DSDT.aml?

The SSDT-HPET.aml is not enabled in the config.plist. You are missing the accompanying rename patch that is usually generated with the SSDT-HPET.aml. There are usually three rename patches generated.

You have a lot of unnecessary IGPU Device Properties entries in your config. When Running with either a Headless or connected IGPU you don't need most of the entries for the controllers you have added. Unless you are faking the device ID for the IGPU, which you shouldn't need to do with your Coffee Lake iGPU, you shouldn't be using the device-id entry.

This is what your current DeviceProperties section looks like:

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 15.38.11.png

This is what you need to have it look like when using the IGPU with the Display and WhateverGreen.kext for your compatible Coffee Lake iGPU:

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 15.40.52.png

Did you create the SSDT-HPET, SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-PMC with Corpnewt's SSDTTime script or are they generic SSDT's, i.e. not created from your DSDT.aml?

The SSDT-HPET.aml is not enabled in the config.plist. You are missing the accompanying rename patch that is usually generated with the SSDT-HPET.aml. There are usually three rename patches generated.

You have a lot of unnecessary IGPU Device Properties entries in your config. When Running with either a Headless or connected IGPU you don't need most of the entries for the controllers you have added. Unless you are faking the device ID for the IGPU, which you shouldn't need to do with your Coffee Lake iGPU, you shouldn't be using the device-id entry.

This is what your current DeviceProperties section looks like:

View attachment 503424

This is what you need to have it look like when using the IGPU with the Display and WhateverGreen.kext for your compatible Coffee Lake iGPU:

View attachment 503426
So, I did some clean up, recompiled the SSDT's with SSDT Time (all but USBX and HPET, didn't know how to compile HPET).
I don't know what you mean with the rename patches, can you guide me please?
I cleaned up the framebuffer part, now it looks exactly like the photo you uploaded.
After all those changes I still get the black screen after verbose, don't know why but I can't make it work... I'm still reading some posts to see if there's some setting I'm missing.
I'll upload my current EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 198
No SSDT-EC.aml or SSDT-AWAC.aml present in your /OC/ACPI folder. These two SSDT's are generated by selecting options 2 and 6 from the SSDT Time option list, after dragging and dropping your DSDT.aml on the Terminal window.

See screenshot below for list of options in macOS version of SSDT Time.

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 19.36.27.png

Upon opening SSDT Time terminal command you need to select an option, usually option 1. The terminal command will then ask for the DSDT.aml. Drag and Drop a copy of your systems DSDT.aml, press Enter. The script will run and an SSDT-HPER.dsl, SSDT-HPET.aml and a pair of config.plists will be created in the 'Results' folder within the SSDTTime-master folder.

For your Z390 system you would need to run options 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6.

The three OC config.plist patches generated as part of the FixHPET script look like this in ProperTree for one of my systems:

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 19.42.52.png OC config.plist patches from SSDT Time

Given your system is a Z390 your HPET_CRS to XCRS patch would likely be different to the one shown above. The Two RTC_IRQ patches would be the same.

The SSDT-HPET.aml won't work without these /OC/config.plist patches being present and enabled.

Black screen after using the recommended 07009B3E AAPL, ig-platform-id is not uncommon, it is mentioned as a possible issue in the Coffee Lake config guide. The answer to this black Screen issue is to use 00009B3E in place of the recommended ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back