Contribute
Register

Opencore Hackintosh - Airdrop and Screen Mirroring assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
it still comes up saying unable to check this serial with the red message. (Which was what was required when first checking the serial to boot in initially.)

I was thinking once I had set up the Mac with my id etc then when I checked it again it would show as being used?
No, it never does. Apple has a database of every System Serial they've ever created. Those are attached to real Macs. You've generated one for yourself and your machine that Apple hasn't seen before. It's highly unlikely anyone else will use your serial, unless you post it online somewhere. Just don't take your Lenovo into the Apple store where they might run the serial # check. Then you'll be fine.

I bet that would make a viral video. Someone walks into an Apple store and asks them for help with their hackintosh that won't boot. How would the geniuses react to that ? I'd bet it has already happened a few times.

Last edited:
You would be best served signing out of all and any Apple services before you use the new SMBIOS.

That way you can always fall back to your previous SMBIOS data should anything go wrong. This is unlikely if you have used the Apple Support page linked below to check the new Serial Number.

Remember you want to see a Negative response from this page.

If you get a positive response, i.e. it shows an expiry date for the system, then you need to generate a new Serial and test that. You need to do this until you get one that gives you a negative response, usually in red coloured text saying they couldn't find your serial in their database. See the screenshot below for an example of the negative response you want to see.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 19.54.00.png Apple Support - Serial Number check OK.

All being well you will just end up with a new system attached to your iCloud account. You will have one using the old Serial/SMBIOS and a new one using the new Mac mini Serial/SBMIOS.

This is a screenshot showing the devices attached to my iCloud account.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 19.56.22.png

Surprised the hell out of the Apple staff member when I was getting one of my real Mac's fixed. She said she had never seen an account with so many devices. Yes, they are all separate systems. Some Hack's and some real Mac's dating back to 2010.

Thanks again all.
Yes I checked the serials both times and got negative results before I used them. Just thought they would show as used once I had set the machine up.

I do indeed have a few Macs showing on my account now along with phones etc

Just making a Time Machine backup and I will be ready to try Monterey.
I’ve used Monterey before when I had my real MacBook Pro so hopefully it will work nice on this Lenovo as similar spec only I have more ram on the Lenovo

If I get this working then it will be the Broadcom card to set up and I am laughing with a fully functional Mac.

I will then unplug the BT400 and T3U usb dongles before putting the card in and uninstall the Chris111 driver before setting up the new Kext’s for the card.

Looking forward to getting some results.

Would be so funny someone taking a Hackintosh into Apple haha

This is a screenshot showing the devices attached to my iCloud account.
What if you took just one third of your hacks into the Apple store ??? I don't think all of them even got into the screenshot. LOL. One rainy day, take some time to delete the ones you no longer have or use.

I have all of them!

I have deleted the older ones, that are no longer with me or no longer functioning. All necessary housekeeping has been undertaken. The older systems have been stripped down and parts used to fix other peoples PC's, Mac's and Hack's.

I have 13 x Desktop(7)/Server(4)/iMac(2) systems in my home office.
I have an MBA & an MBP on the shelf behind me, plus 4 laptop hacks.
I have created laptop and desktop Hacks for my wife, daughter and son (both Adults now). None of these are associated with my iCloud account.

Some snaps, showing the systems and current state (mess) in my office!

Hack no 1.jpg Hack No 1 - iMac19,1

Hack no2.jpg Hack No 2 - iMacPro1,1

Hacks 3-7.jpgHack's No's 3 -7 - Mix of iMP1,1, iMac15,1 and Mac mini 7,1

Laptop hacks 2 + 3.jpg Laptop hack's 2 & 3 & 1st Gen Windows RT (crap!)

MBP GPU's & Dell mini.jpg MBP, Dell Mini & spare GPU's

Servers 1-4 iMac 1 laptop 1 etc.jpg Server hacks 1-4, Laptop Hack No 1, 2010 iMac etc.

As you might have guessed from the first 3 images I am a bit of a fan of the Fractal Design case. I have six desktop systems using their cases. Plus the systems I built for my son and daughter are both in FD R3 cases.

My wife keeps asking me when I am going to sell one (she hopes I will sell them all) but I'm not finished playing with them yet!

I am a bit of a fan of the Fractal Design case.
I've bought 5 Fractal cases over the years, maybe more. Only have two currently. My go to case maker. Build quality is what makes the difference.

I currently have:
3 x FD R5's (one with window!). Titanium, Black and White cases.
2 x FD Focus G. Red and White cases
1 x FD Focus G mini (mATX). Black case.

The Nano, my original R3 and a couple of others have been passed to family members, sold or in the case of my last R3 stripped down and put in to boxes for spares.

I have lost count of the number of Fractal cases I have bought. Every system I have build for someone else has been in a Fractal case. I built a few for my son's University friends who were smitten when they saw his dual boot Hack in his college house. I only charged them cost for the parts. They are great for noise reduction, air flow and cable management.

I admit I have gone cheap recently with the Focus G cases, but beggars can't be choosy.

The Focus 2 was on sale here in December. I opted for the R7 Compact as you already know. The Focus 2 looks like a real good value but it wouldn't be as quiet as the R7 Define I got for 75 USD.

Wow that's some setup!
I am quite pleased with my tiny Lenovo, especially now it is showing as Macmini7,1 and working with Monterey really well now ;) . Thanks for the assistance there.

Just the PCIe mini card to fit when that arrives. I have my external antenna all ready in waiting!
Got to say this works just as well if not better than my MacBook Pro 13" Retina I had.

On the look out now for a good wireless mouse and keyboard that is Mac compatible (UK) but will also work with Windows for the work laptop. Prefer the smaller size one though without the number pad so takes up less desk space.

Macmin7,1.png

Whilst I am here, just another question re the graphics.
I have 16gb and the HD 4600 is saying using 1536 MB.
Can this be made larger with some extra from my 16gb in the settings or not possible, automatic if computer uses extra or not needed?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back