Contribute
Register

Opencore Hackintosh - Airdrop and Screen Mirroring assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great that you have it up and running Monterey.

I have a preference for Logitech (Logi) Keyboard & Mouse combo's.
  • Cheap ones like the MK270 (£20 from Amazon)work fine with both macOS & Windows. I use these on my other hack's.
  • My main desk has an MK540 (£40 from Amazon), this has a better keyboard and slightly larger mouse.
But both of these have the number-pad on the right-hand side of the main keyboard, so not ideal if you are looking for a compact keyboard.

Well guys, really chuffed and thanks for the help again.
I now have a PCIe Broadcom card installed in the computer which is fully working for WIFI, Bluetooth, airdrop and screen casting!
Used 2 external aerials from Amazon but only had one hole in the back of the computer so I drilled another haha and looks very professional.

Sorted the keyboard and mouse too as I have found ideal ones, Logitech MX series with the keyboard being the 60% size one.

Mac is complete :)

I now have a PCIe Broadcom card installed in the computer which is fully working for WIFI, Bluetooth, airdrop and screen casting!
Great news! My #1 priority in building a hackintosh is choosing as much hardware as possible that has native support in macOS. Makes a major difference in the amount of time spent trying to make things work. Not sure why everyone doesn't make that their first priority. Doesn't take a lot of extra money or effort to do so.

Definitely agree with you that choosing the hardware is number 1 priority, I was lucky with this little project as it was my first attempt and came from me having this Lenovo spare in a cupboard which had Windows 10 on and so cost me nothing.

I thought I would try it as a desktop having got rid of my laptop and found it was really slow. I tried various versions of Linux, including lite versions but again it just didn't run smoothly but then came across the Hackintosh and OpenCore project so thought I would give it a whirl.

Best thing I ever did and have hardly spent anything in getting it to this point but the best thing ever is that it runs really smoothly and just as good as and if not better than my MacBook Pro I had!

Most expensive parts are the keyboard and mouse but I was prepared to pay for these as I will be using them for work computer too and also to connect them by Bluetooth to other devices, so all together a win-win :)

Overall it has been a good experience and really worth it.
On to Godot and Unity now for some more fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back